Ink Cartridges are a Scam

E

Eddie Morra

Thread author
I consider it fraud when there's a chip which prevents the product from working when it should be working... without the customer being told about the real purpose of the chip before purchase.

If you are lied to about the chip or the chip details are not brought to the customers attention before purchasing the product - in the case of the chip having functionality to prevent the product from working as it should be - then in my books that should constitute as fraud because you're essentially stealing a product back from the customer after they've paid you for the goods, without them being aware of what is really going on.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
There are chip resetter software available online. I have used them lots of time, they work wonderfully. If you need lots of color printing then ink tank based printers are best. Putting compatible inks lowers the printing cost very much.
Also, Epson printers are best if you want to play with your printer.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I use a Canon Pixma E510 color inkjet printer. I refill it whenever the cartridge goes empty, the cartridge lasts for 6 to 7 refills. The only annoyance i face is that it will prompt every time that the ink level is low, while printing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.