Question installing windows 11 pro

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

kididoh821

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2024
hello MalwareTips!
i want to install windows 11 with rufus on my new upgraded pc but i see few option i want to ask if u using those option is there any chance its corrupting windows after installing and make windows unstable?
Screenshot 2024-03-14 195843.png

those 4 option from the picture

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello! Without seeing the picture, I can't comment on the specific options. However, Rufus is generally safe to use for creating bootable USB drives for Windows 11. Make sure to select the correct ISO file, partition scheme (GPT for UEFI, MBR for BIOS), and file system (NTFS). Misconfigurations may cause issues, but they typically won't corrupt Windows or make it unstable.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
hello MalwareTips!
i want to install windows 11 with rufus on my new upgraded pc but i see few option i want to ask if u using those option is there any chance its corrupting windows after installing and make windows unstable?
View attachment 282187
those 4 option from the picture
I've applied the last 3 without issues.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
It all depends on your needs.
I use my Microsoft account, so a local account is not for me.
Reginal options the same as on the computer you are using now could be useful, but it is up to you if that option is needed.
Disable data collection could be a great option, but I am not sure what that option disables exactly. Can possibly cause issues. You have to do some research.
Bitlocker is one of my reasons for going pro on my laptop, so I don't disable that.

Last edited:

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
You should only choose the option "Remove requirement for an online Microsoft account." You should choose this option if you prefer a local account because Windows 11 setup allows you to create an online or Microsoft account only.
Rest; you can set up with the Windows installation, and it's better that way
You can disable BitLocker automatic device encryption after installing Windows: settings, devices, and turn off encryption.

Reactions: kididoh821

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
@kididoh821 It's always better to do stuff manually, and Windows installation is straightforward. Automatic measures can be buggy or create unknown problems. I suggested choosing an option in my above post, and that's only because Windows 11 installation includes an online account option but no local one.

When I tried the "Create a local account with username" option in the past, after Windows installation, my account name had "0" at the end.

Reactions: Nevi

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@kididoh821 When I tried the "Create a local account with username" option in the past, after Windows installation, my account name had "0" at the end.
That's why you should create a local account when installing Windows, not afterwards. Another way to do it, is when asked for your Microsoft account details, enter no@thankou.com as the username. You will be then asked for a password, you can enter anything here, even just a single character. You'll get a message saying the account is locked as the wrong password has been used too many times and given the option to create a local account.

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
That's why you should create a local account when installing Windows, not afterwards. Another way to do it, is when asked for your Microsoft account details, enter no@thankou.com as the username. You will be then asked for a password, you can enter anything here, even just a single character. You'll get a message saying the account is locked as the wrong password has been used too many times and given the option to create a local account.
I know these, and I prefer manual operations. I just checked it with Rufus because Rufus always worked with zero issues for me.

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.