App Review Intego Antivirus 2021

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Intego test!

Intego is an American company, very well known in the Apple world thanks to the VirusBarrier software.
The company has recently entered the world of Windows, using the Avira engine.

The software is light and easy to use, there is no need to configure it.

In terms of protection, Intego has 2 levels.
The engine provided by Avira is good... but I suspect Intego to use the SDK engine of Avira, less effective (the URL number 2 is detected by Avira & F-Secure which also uses Avira Cloud and not by Intego).
Then, I never saw its proactive protection react, even though it was activated. My Origami Ransomware was able to successfully block the virtual machine.

On the web, Intego is bad. No detection on Phishing, and 2 URLs blocked by the Web agent, it's too little !

Even if Intego seemed confident, considering the multiple black points, we do not recommend using Intego to protect yourself.

RAM Usage : Light
Phishing Test : 0/4 (all missed)
Malware URL test : 9/10 (1 missed)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected by databse)
Malware Pack : Remaining 204 files to 3372malwares
Home Malware (Origami Ransomware) : 0/1 => Test end.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.