Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Intel has issued a product change notification (PCN) which discontinues various 11th Generation Tiger Lake mobile processors. The retirees include several SKUs from the Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, Core i9, and Xeon W line-ups. Tiger Lake launched between 2020 and 2021, so they aren't long in the tooth. However, the 10nm processors have become obsolete now that Intel has 12th Generation Alder Lake and 13th Generation Raptor Lake line-ups in the company's ranks.

The chipmaker isn't axing the entire Tiger Lake-H line-up. So far, the affected products are mainly Tiger Lake-H (45W) chips since demand has shifted to Intel's newer processor offerings. The discontinued SKUs range from the Core i5-11260H to the Core i9-11950H. Intel has included the Xeon W-11855M on the list. The Xeon W-11855M hexa-core processor is one of the only two Xeon Tiger Lake parts. The Xeon W-11955M Processor, which wields eight cores, is safe for now. There still seems to be some demand for Tiger Lake chips with IPUs (image processing units). Intel hasn't terminated models, such as the Core i7-11390H or the Core i5-11320H.

Intel's partners can place final orders on the 11th Generation Tiger Lake processors by June 30, 2023. After that, however, the shipping date will vary depending on the model. For example, Intel will ship the Core i5-11500H, Core i7-11850H, Core i9-11950H, and Xeon W-11855M by April 26, 2024. Meanwhile, the last shipment date for the remaining Tiger Lake SKUs is January 26, 2024 .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.