Which Intel CPU?

• i7-2600

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • i5-4670

• Other, please mention which CPU and why?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ald4

I have got a little dilemma down here. I am looking to upgrade my PCs proc.

Would you rather go with i7 2600 or i5 4760? Performance is basically the same, although I can get used i7 2600 for ~60% price of a new i5 4760. Any users of those processors here? Which one should I buy?

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Last edited:

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
In gaming both are same,but in other programs like rendering i7 is stronger because of Hyper-Threading.So in gaming both will do same but in render and multi-threaded apps i7 will do better.Only that i5 is newer socket.

Valentin N

I would go for the cheapest i5-K version. i7 is useful for rendering, CAD or alike but makes little difference when it comes to gaming.

Sandy bridge has soldered IHS whereas Broadwell has improved TIM but that only applies on the Pentium G3258 and the lastest K-version i5/i7; 2600K offers better temps when overclocking.

Aside from that i7-2600 can be +400MHz overclocked if the motherboard allows it such as ASRock z75 Pro3.

Broadwell OC (I believe in only applies for the K-cpu's) has the same as the 2011 where the base clock can be changed without effecting the other essential components.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.