Technology Windows 11 vs. Ubuntu Linux On The Intel Core Ultra 7 Meteor Lake

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Following my Linux benchmarks of the Intel Core Ultra 7 155H processor performance where it ended up being rather disappointing but then with finding great success with the integrated Arc Graphics on Meteor Lake, like I you may be left wondering how much of a role Linux is playing with these results compared to Windows... Well, this article will shed some light on that aspect with looking at the Microsoft Windows 11 vs. Ubuntu Linux performance on the Acer Swift Go 14 Meteor Lake laptop.

The Acer Swift Go 14 is the $999 USD Meteor Lake laptop I've been using for all of my benchmarking with the 22-thread Core Ultra 7 155H SoC. The device by default shipped with Microsoft Windows 11 Home. Prior to wiping the disk for all of my Linux testing, I applied all of the Windows software updates as of launch day on this Acer pre-loaded Windows 11 OS and proceeded to run some of the common and reliable cross-platform benchmarks.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Sad no power/thermal/battery backup stats.

And don't even bother reading the comments, it's a war b/w Windows and Linux fans.

• Hundred Points
Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.