Intel Re-Branding Its Processor Line Starting With Meteor Lake

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
The "i9" will be deemed "Ultra Core." No more "14th Gen" or whatever as the generational designation is already part of the processor model # string. So, instead of 14th Gen. i9 14900, it will now be Ultra Core 9 14900. I'm going to chew on this for a while before trying to digest the additional confusion in the article.

The comments following the article so far have generally not been positive. I'm wondering if the re-branding is gonna involve some subtle price increases, over and above the typical generational increases.

The Ultra brand extension could hence allow Intel to gracefully transition the market between processor architecture generations, and improve inventory digestion in the channel for the outgoing architecture. The main Core branding now includes three tiers—Core 3, Core 5, and Core 7. The Core Ultra brand includes the tiers Core Ultra 5, Core Ultra 7, and Core Ultra 9. The Ultra branding allows Intel to position certain enthusiast-grade SKUs within a generation (possibly Unlocked K/KF) with the Core Ultra brand.

If someone asks you what cpu you have, how would you spontaneously answer? Me--"i9." That's it. :unsure:

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
If someone asks you what cpu you have, how would you spontaneously answer? Me--"i9." That's it. :unsure:

Spot on...

I'm looking for old MacBook Pro and that's exactly the way i choose between models... i7 in my case.

This is a dumb move. Apple started this rubbish with the latest ARM stuff.

I have an M2 MacBook Pro... not to be confused with the new M2 Pro MacBook Pro. Nah, that won't be confusing...

Most Mac enthusiast's now call them the M2 Pro 13" or M2 Pro 14". One's considered junk and the other awesome, with about $1500 between them.

So we have the M2, M2 Pro, M2 Max and the M2 Ultra. Oh, and there's memory and SSD options in the mix too.

I'm a fan of the Mr White, Mr Black, Mr Blue and, of course, Mr Pink way of doing things.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.