Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpith

Level 1
Hi..I was using Bitdefender total security 2014 and faced alot of issue..when i uninstalled it I had no internet at all!! even after resetting winsock..after trying alot i figured it out..
Now I installed kaspersky internet security 2014 ...but when i tried using internet connection sharing it is not working! It was working before in BTS..I tried almost everything and cant figure it out.
I have a 4G modem and want to create a wifi hotspot..which used to work before as BTS had a option for internet sharing in setting..but there is no such option in KIS...
any help is really appreciated..

Security softwares: Kaspersky internet security 2014 + Malwayrebytes premium 2.0

Thank You

venustus

Level 44
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Hi..I was using Bitdefender total security 2014 and faced alot of issue..when i uninstalled it I had no internet at all!! even after resetting winsock..after trying alot i figured it out..
Now I installed kaspersky internet security 2014 ...but when i tried using internet connection sharing it is not working! It was working before in BTS..I tried almost everything and cant figure it out.
I have a 4G modem and want to create a wifi hotspot..which used to work before as BTS had a option for internet sharing in setting..but there is no such option in KIS...
any help is really appreciated..

Security softwares: Kaspersky internet security 2014 + Malwayrebytes premium 2.0

Thank You
Is your network setting in KIS set to trusted?

Arpith

Level 1
Did you try "public" for internet and "trusted" for all the others,and did you reboot?
I have 3 active connections..
1:"internet"...main connection..."public" profile..cant change it.
2: "my modem connection" ..which i used to connect to internet...profile is "trusted"
3: "Local area connection" ..which is a virtual adapter for creating wifi hotsport..profile is "trusted"

Yes I rebooted after every change I made..I also changed application( mhotspot) profile to "allow" to all connection ..
I have enabled internet sharing in "my modem connection" properties setting..

Arpith

Level 1
Does it work if you turn off the firewall in KIS?
well i did disable the firewall and tried but it wasnt working..but i didnt reboot the system after change..thought it wont be necessary..I am in office ryt now..so cant check it..will try and let you know..but i doubt...even i was confused when i disabled the firewall and it still wasnt working..! i am sure my setup it fine as i have been using same setting and setup since many months..

Status
Not open for further replies.