Internet Download Manager Review

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
jbNm2NF.png

f2qxr46.jpg
Application Homepage:- Internet Download Manager: the fastest download accelerator

f2qxr46.jpg
Application Latest version:- Internet Download Manager News

f2qxr46.jpg
Internet Download Manager Download and Installation Review by whizkidraj:-

f2qxr46.jpg

f2qxr46.jpg
Conclusion:-
Internet Download Manager has defined the standards of how a download managing software should be.
It makes the downloading fast and download management easy.
IDM makes downloading experience fun by letting us use different download options available within it's main program window.
IDM is what comes in mind, when we first think about the word or the action "let's download".

Last edited by a moderator:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
this is no doubt the best download manager in the world
There is only 1 thing I don't like about it takes time to combine splitted parts after the download. In some rare cases of downloading very large files, these files may be corrupted
It used to happen frequently many years ago but I have not seen any corrupted file for a few years yet

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
It does happen very very sometimes..I won't get into detail. Different systems, different issues :) but just all the things that IDM provides us with just being the best and a beautiful download managing software, we can see this small mistake as a part of what makes this software wanna keep improving in our mind and we tend to feel such things, only for things we really love with all the heart :)

Btw, my friends, please do comment on how you all liked the banner and the videos ;) I'm still learning to become that real advanced level designer and video producer, but I did all I can to make this video and the banner and put my thoughts with all the love :)

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Great review. Very nice put, video and all.
The video about resuming broken download link is very thoughtful. I have never used this feature, never had too, but i will try it with file sharing sites where resume is not supported of course. If it works, then this will be a highlight.

Thanks again for this review.
Regards.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Great review! Right to the point! This is my favorite download manager of all time! Bought a lifetime license last Year for 30 euro's! The only thing that sucks is that the lifetime license only alows program updates for the first three years of usage.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
this is no doubt the best download manager in the world
There is only 1 thing I don't like about it takes time to combine splitted parts after the download. In some rare cases of downloading very large files, these files may be corrupted
It used to happen frequently many years ago but I have not seen any corrupted file for a few years yet

I have been using IDM since 2014 for every download and I have never seem a single file corrupted...

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Great review! Right to the point! This is my favorite download manager of all time! Bought a lifetime license last Year for 30 euro's! The only thing that sucks is that the lifetime license only alows program updates for the first three years of usage.
Where did you read this?

Never mind, found it... lol... not fussed, been using it for well over 5 years now; still got 2.5 years to go according to the April 2016 rule. The program costs less than a pack of smokes here, so no biggie.

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017
I was using the version from >10 years ago. At that time, IDM had that common problem
Now I think I totally fixed that

I agree. It was definitely buggy in the early days. It was also difficult to thoroughly delete. It is hard not to be loyal to the program when the developer is still constantly trying to improve things and make for a smoother user experience.

This may sound crazy for some but if IDM switched to a subscription payment model I would gladly pay to support the program and to give thanks for all the time they saved me... especially when my internet access sucked!

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Never had the need for software like this.
Good to know stuff like this exists though.
In India, net is expensive. Net speed throttle. Some provider have weird net package, either speed low or data low but money more:mad:

My service provider dont have any plan with speed more than 4mbpso_O
Unlimited plan is expensive kinda 2000 INR per month, 4mbps speed, 10GB...4mbps speed then 512kbps:eek:

As per 4mbps, I should get 500kbps download speed but hardly get it, its mostly around 50-250kbps. With download managers, I always get 450-500kbps speed, at times more too:)

Download managers are very helpful here:)

Currently I am trying new service provider with 72mbps But still I get around 1-1.5mbps, with download managers I get around 2.5-3.5mbps...see the speed throttle:mad:

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Was the word benchmark?
Close :) But not really benchmark, but what I wanted to say is that it is like "the ideal example" of how a download managing software should be or it is like "our favourite thing" that comes to our mind whenever we see something new and expect it to be at least of that level. Hehe still not really getting that perfect word. But you all know what I mean ;) Infact, as they say, great things are not defined by labels or a term, but by it's actions and our love for it and IDM is all that :)

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
In India, net is expensive. Net speed throttle. Some provider have weird net package, either speed low or data low but money more:mad:

My service provider dont have any plan with speed more than 4mbpso_O
Unlimited plan is expensive kinda 2000 INR per month, 4mbps speed, 10GB...4mbps speed then 512kbps:eek:

As per 4mbps, I should get 500kbps download speed but hardly get it, its mostly around 50-250kbps. With download managers, I always get 450-500kbps speed, at times more too:)

Download managers are very helpful here:)

Currently I am trying new service provider with 72mbps But still I get around 1-1.5mbps, with download managers I get around 2.5-3.5mbps...see the speed throttle:mad:

Lol.... Feel the pain. Now the minimum bandwidth limit is raised to 1mbps, which, well..., still crawls.
Are you using fiber? Which ISP?
My current speed matches the money, 2mbps unlimited which is about 200-260kb/s download for 1200 INR.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Close :) But not really benchmark, but what I wanted to say is that it is like "the ideal example" of how a download managing software should be or it is like "our favourite thing" that comes to our mind whenever we see something new and expect it to be at least of that level. Hehe still not really getting that perfect word. But you all know what I mean ;) Infact, as they say, great things are not defined by labels or a term, but by it's actions and our love for it and IDM is all that :)
I think "standard" is the word. :)

Off-topic:
Ours is Plan 5MBPS, but after the cap, the speed throttles to 64kbps maximum. :D Believe me you don't want to experience this 64kbps. :D Yeah, our ISPs in the country suck.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.