Internet Download Manager Review

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Eagleget is good, does everything IDM do and has almost everything I want from and download manager except one. The reliability. Download freezes or stop all of a sudden. Resume capability is slightly worse than IDM. Resuming is a problem for me because I have slow and unreliable internet. I still try it from time to time, last time was about 2 months ago and this problem is still there. It was there when I first used it about 2 years ago and still not fixed. Maybe they can fix these issues in the future but for now IDM is the King.
@jackuars, can Eagleget download from Mega? And is there any other download manager besides IDM, Eagleget or XDM that can grab videos from any websites?

Reactions: Winter Soldier

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Download freezes or stop all of a sudden. Resume capability is slightly worse than IDM.
@jackuars, can Eagleget download from Mega? And is there any other download manager besides IDM, Eagleget or XDM that can grab videos from any websites?

Sometimes I do get freezes at 99.9%, but on pausing and resuming, things work back to normal. Still when the download stops, refresh download address features takes care of the task. It's true that in terms of stability it's a notch below IDM, but it's much faster. They are working on a new download engine, and also creating a Linux version. Hopefully then EagleGet can iron out it's flaws.

EG and IDM doesn't download from Mega as far as I know. But I use Mega Downloader which can integrate with EG. In terms of media capturing capability EagleGet is better than IDM in that it allows you to download through a 3 way technique- video sniffer, media grabber and browser extension. XDM is also good but falls below them. Other download managers aren't that good in terms of media detection.

Reactions: LAGUN

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017
And thank you all for your appreciation of my review. I really worked hard for this. Almost one and half months it took me along with going to college, classes, doing assignments and engineering projects, practical programmings, etc. everyday.

Your hard work paid off. It is an excellent review and has stimulated some interesting discussions. I hope you get time to do similar quality reviews in the future.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Your hard work paid off. It is an excellent review and has stimulated some interesting discussions. I hope you get time to do similar quality reviews in the future.
Thanks a lot, mate. Really appreciate and means a lot coming from you :)

Reactions: deedee

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Off-topic:
Ours is Plan 5MBPS, but after the cap, the speed throttles to 64kbps maximum. :D Believe me you don't want to experience this 64kbps. :D Yeah, our ISPs in the country suck.

Indeed. My net sucks now that I have to limit the DL speed to 25 kbps or I won't be able to view either FB or MT.

I've been using FDM or IDM since way back. For all its (IDM) quirks and flaws, I'm still using it. There are times where a dowwnload is stucked at 99%, I simply pause and restart. Annoying at times but I can live with that and is content with IDM.

Never had the need for software like this.
Good to know stuff like this exists though.

Maybe you don't, but here we have a slow unreliable net. Sometimes download gets interupted by a few second power failure. It's a God send to continue where you left of instead of starting over again. @XhenEd can relate.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Sometimes I do get freezes at 99.9%, but on pausing and resuming, things work back to normal. Still when the download stops, refresh download address features takes care of the task. It's true that in terms of stability it's a notch below IDM, but it's much faster. They are working on a new download engine, and also creating a Linux version. Hopefully then EagleGet can iron out it's flaws.

EG and IDM doesn't download from Mega as far as I know. But I use Mega Downloader which can integrate with EG. In terms of media capturing capability EagleGet is better than IDM in that it allows you to download through a 3 way technique- video sniffer, media grabber and browser extension. XDM is also good but falls below them. Other download managers aren't that good in terms of media detection.
I use Mega Downloader too but its not as fast as Download managers although reliable.
Browser extension/integration is enough for me to download streaming videos. How does Eagleget's media grabber compare to Jdownloader's?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
IDM Lifetime License is 3 Years Free Updates/Upgrades..........after 3 Years expiry, you can use IDM i.e it will not get disabled But you will not get updates/upgrades.

Is IDM purchase a one-time payment? For how long is IDM license valid?
As far as I know, that limitation hasn't been implemented yet. So, all users who purchased lifetime license several years ago still enjoy all the updates/upgrades today. :D

I read that it's still open to be implemented anytime, though. :)

D

Deleted member 2913

As far as I know, that limitation hasn't been implemented yet. So, all users who purchased lifetime license several years ago still enjoy all the updates/upgrades today. :D

I read that it's still open to be implemented anytime. :)
Thats why I posted the link......

It seems V7 will bring the 3 Years period for Lifetime License..........after 3 Years expiry, no updates/upgrades.....

D

Deleted member 178

In VN nobody would buy it, it is even more expensive than KIS , they will use cracked version ^^

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.