Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
indeed very expensive for many people even though it's the best. I'd rather use FDM, eagleget or coc coc's built-in download accelerator or firefox's downthemall. Good enough for the internet speed in VN

with $5 I can survive for 2-3 days in VN :D

Gapp

Level 2
Verified
Mar 26, 2017
Been using FDM for along time but when I came to know of EagleGet I never looked back :)

Reactions: AtlBo

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
probably the best download manager out there, when I had mac one of the reasons that I was installing windows along side it was IDM. mac lack something as professional and feature rich with simplicity as IDM.
one of the good thing about it is they concentrate on under the hood improvements and they keep the UI the same for many years, which for a download manager is a good thing. fewer bugs, more compatibility, more speed, who cares for UI when it's good and logical?!
edit 1: some friends said about some bugs in the past, they really improved download engine and that was what I said, they concentrate on bugs, not UI or other crap.

Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
A much similar download manager or even better than IDM is EagleGet. You will feel right at home with EG, than you would with FDM, because the latter has changed a lot since v5, for better or worse.

Is this person you? If so i don't expect you to put EagleGet before IDM but I've used IDM for eons and it works splendid never had any issues, & I'm one of those guys that ain't leaving sure for unsure thou i value your input.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.4 KB · Views: 830

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It offers ByteFence or Opera during installation which can be deselected during install.
I guess I was lucky then. Didn't got any offers for either of them.
About Eagleget, it increased the download speed of video from YT by more than 1MB/s. My max download speed is 6.25 MB/s (50Mbps) and I was getting 5.4 MB/s by Eagleget and 4.3 MB/s using FF only.

Reactions: frogboy

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I guess I was lucky then. Didn't got any offers for either of them.
About Eagleget, it increased the download speed of video from YT by more than 1MB/s. My max download speed is 6.25 MB/s (50Mbps) and I was getting 5.4 MB/s by Eagleget and 4.3 MB/s using FF only.
During install if you're only connected to internet do you get the offer. Yes it increased my download speed too

Reactions: brambedkar59

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Comparing IDM vs FDM

You can't delete the downloaded file(s) off your drive from the IDM if you don't want the downloaded files(s). You can do it from FDM i.e. delete downloaded link(s) + the downloaded file(s)

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
FDM website is blacklisted by hphosts EMD (by malwarebytes) while eagleget is not

norton safe web blocked eagleget website. However, norton safe web is known to have many false positives. It blocked fileconvoy, which I use regularly to share files. I submitted a FP request to norton and they unblocked it and concluded that the website was safe

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017

Good catch @HarborFront That feature has been available in IDM for some time… indeed there are many features that I suspect many users would not be aware of or take advantage of.

I think it would be a great rule that we all read the entire help file of any software before evaluating it. It is amazing what little gems are often hidden in the help files. ;)

techidm

Aug 31, 2018
Certainly, i use Internet Download Manager and Mega downloader also, but i´m gonna prove this app for check its performance. Thanks for your contribution.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.