Solved Internet freezing again

Sharonp

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
Hello,
My computer is freezing again. This just happened recently and someone helped me here. The last time I had more than one virus scan, and I thought McAfee was removed, but it keeps popping up.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    39.9 KB · Views: 21
  • FRST.txt
    56.6 KB · Views: 21

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

• It is not our intent to repeatedly remove malware from the same member's machines. The intent of this free service performed by volunteers is to help remove malware from your machine, educate you on how it may have happened, and how to prevent that from happening again.

Sharonp

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
Thank you, I don't think its malware, it is that some how I have more than one anti-virus, the person that helped me last time gave me a fix to remove McAfee, but it keeps popping up. thanks.

Sharonp

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
Do you have a thread for security problems like that? I even got an award for being a return person member whatever. I do not download any addons or search bars, I did not even have a virus the last time, and I don't think I have one now, I am offended because why give somebody and award for coming here more than once and then when they come back tell them, you do not do this when my first post said I had diffferent problem. I have donated money when you helped me, and i donated when the last person helped me.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
warning.gif
Multiple Resident Protection warning!

Always have one (and no more than one!) AntiVirus program! In this case having more of them will not provide you with better protection - instead they may cause slowness, lock-ups and even mark another ones as harmful, leading to leave your system unstable and even damaged. Please choose only one from the listed below to stay with and uninstall the others:
  • Microsoft Security Essentials
  • avast! Antivirus

Uninstallation procedure:
  • Press the
    WindowsKey.png
    + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
  • Search for each uninstalled entry, right-click it and select Uninstall.
This should be done until any other steps will be taken.

Sharonp

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
I see there is a different thread for software and security, next time if I can come back, I will use those forums. I posted this problem, in the wrong place.

Sharonp

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
Alright, I have removed all the old programs, that I wasn't using. I removed the AVG and only have avast.

I have two flashplayers showing up, Adobe 16 flash and 17NPAI can I uninstall one of those? I have adobe air, can I unistall that? I use adobe reader and flash.

Do I need realtek for my sound, dvd, cd to work, or can I uninstall that?
I cannot uninstall Cyberlink DVD suite, an error shows up 1606, I tried to go to the cyberlink website but, maybe it is not on the computer.

So, I wanted to tell you last time you helped me with com surrogate, it was a different computer. Something happened to that one, it would not boot, I did come here and the thread is somewhere. I will get back to that computer at a different time. The compaq laptops overheat and I bought that from another person, so I don't know the history of it.The laptop I am here with today I bought.

Sharonp

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
Alright, I have removed the extra programs, I don't know what the difference is between the two adobes is the 17 the newest?What is adobe flash debugger? is it a fix for flash?

The person that helped me before with the internet freezing, had me download a fix, he mentioned that is would remove AVG, but it did not remove it. Maybe somebody should ask the dude, so he makes sure that it removes the anti-virus because I still had two running. However, the fix list did fix other things.

So, far everything is working fine, I did download farbar when I started the thread, so I have to get rid of it, what do I download for that?
Otherwise my computer is cleaned out and is much faster so far, Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate being able to come here and not pay a shop, plus fixing it on my own would have me downloading tools and programs that don't work.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.