Troubleshoot Internet problem

Pandy

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 19, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
When i first start the computer, It will say it connects to the internet, But nothing works. Skype doesnt connect, spotify errors cos no internet etc. But the computer shows that its connected
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I use CMD and type
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

And after that the internet works normally.
yea, I dont know if the flushdns affects it, but thats what ive done every day. but if i were to now restart the comp the internet works.
im thinking it has something to do with my router, but dont know

Pandy

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 19, 2014
Have you tried to scan for malware / disable and then enable modem under network and sharing center / change adapter settings ?
Malwarebytes AM didnt find anything. also im going to do the disable/enable today, But i can actually see if it works tomorrow.

hi first scan with hitman pro second try this software for internet problems

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/
Im not sure if there whould be big difference running hitman Pro scan if Mbam didnt find anything, But i did run the Farbar scanner

Code:
Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.

IM gonna run it again tomorrow before doing the cmd line trick and see if it changes.

Upvote 0

Pandy

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 19, 2014
Try to boot into safe mode with network enabled. Then try to run a scan with MBAM and 9 lab removal tool.
You may also check your router settings, it may need a restart.
IM not sure what you mean with the router settings, But the router is turned off every night, And i belive the error comes after its turned back on. Cant say for sure yet, i need to do some testing.

I was also thinking of doing some batch script to execute the ipconfig commands at startup as a temp fix but my batch skills werent good enough :p

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you believed this is not an infection then you may experience internet connection issues like try to refresh up your router by unplugging it for more than 10 seconds then plug in.

Go to CMD and type ping (name of website)

e.g: ping google.com

If the result show network timed out then there's a problem in the internet.

Upvote 0

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
i have this problem last year. may be help you.
1-do you install software of modem?
2-may be a bug of hardware you need reboot ( reset factory) your modem and then set it again...

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.