Serious Discussion Introducing Apple Vision Pro

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
What Is It?

Apple really does know how to present a new product, here is a YouTube video by the YouTube channel Apple called Introducing Apple Vision Pro:

Description:

The era of spatial computing is here, where digital content blends seamlessly with your physical space. So you can do the things you love in ways never before possible. This is Apple Vision Pro.

My Thoughts

This looks pretty cool, but that price is probably going to be painful.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
As an AI language model, I don't have thoughts or opinions, but I can provide information. Apple Vision Pro is a new product that features spatial computing technology. It allows digital content to blend with physical space, creating new possibilities for users. However, as you mentioned, pricing for this product may be high.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
As an AI language model, I don't have thoughts or opinions, but I can provide information. Apple Vision Pro is a new product that features spatial computing technology. It allows digital content to blend with physical space, creating new possibilities for users. However, as you mentioned, pricing for this product may be high.
Ah, come on it's only $3,500 ;).

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Quote from the promo: "you are not isolated, when someone enters the room, they can see you" bummer these Apple Vision Pro glasses don't make me invisible :cry: "when I am emerged in entertainment" (that is a real promo text)

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
During the WWDC 2023 keynote livestream, Apple finally revealed its long-awaited augmented reality headset, the Apple Vision Pro. It also showed off a number of the apps that will be developed for the device. One of the most unexpected parts of the presentation came when it showed off Vision Pro versions of Microsoft's Word, Excel, and Teams apps.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
I know the difference. I said I was even less interested in this, mostly due to pricing. Call me when google glass comes back.
Good, that price is crazy.

At least this is a step to bringing this technology to the mainstream, I assume this will encourage other companies to make their own augmented reality (AR) equipment, and those prices can start going down.

I also wonder what Google will do now, besides cancel another product / service, like they often do.

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Good, that price is crazy.

At least this is a step to bringing this technology to the mainstream, I assume this will encourage other companies to make their own augmented reality (AR) equipment, and those prices can start going down.

I also wonder what Google will do now, besides cancel another product / service, like they often do.
I mean it’s basically Microsoft’s hololense from nearly a decade ago at E3.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I wanted the "Wow" factor for the Apple Vision Pro reveal, but all I got was a "Why?"
While I was watching the WWDC keynote live stream on Monday, waiting for what would eventually be revealed as the Apple Vision Pro to be announced, I wondered if I would get that "Wow!" factor like I got when the original iPhone was announced. The late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs promoted the first iPhone as a portable computer, a mobile phone, and a media device smashed into one product. The result was something that everyone wanted to get their hands on.

When the Apple Vision Pro presentation was finally over, I will admit I was wowed by quite a few things. I loved the high pixel-density displays. I love the fact that I would not need to hold onto any physical controllers to use it. I loved some of the demos of how the apps would work, especially when watching video content.

But in the end, I didn't get that overall "Wow!" factor with the Vision Pro as I did with the original iPhone. Instead, my thought was, "Why?" As in, "Why is Apple revealing this AR headset at this moment in time?"
Having said all of that, it's clear that this is a first-generation product at Apple. In fact, I might go even further to say it's a zero-generation product. The Apple Vision Pro headset is clearly not meant to be something bought by the normal consumer right now. Apple's announced price of $3,499, and a launch date of early 2024 (missing the crucial holiday buying season) means the company is targeting this device mostly to app developers.

That sounds a lot like Microsoft's business plan for its HoloLens devices. Microsoft tried to promote those AR headsets as gaming devices, among other things, but in the end, the high price and low unit production meant that the general public couldn't just walk into a store and get one. The Apple Vision Pro launch is meant to make developers get the device so that when the company gets its true first-gen AR headset, it will have lots of native apps ready to go for a product made for the ordinary consumer.

That's the device that I'm waiting to buy. So, I will ask again, " "Why is Apple revealing this AR headset at this moment in time?" It's great that they have this new immersive platform for viewing content and possibly for getting some work done. However, it could have just revealed on Monday that the Apple Vision Pro was being launched as a developer device exclusively, and not push it as something that an ordinary person would want to get right now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.