invisible .exe file keeps automatically playing sound

Jaii

Thread author
Apr 1, 2018
I first noticed it when random music (mostly as ads) started playing every now and then and there seemed to be no source.
My task manager showed me instances of an .exe file ("rocketeer.exe"). When I ended a particular instance from that set, the music would stop but they keep coming back and if left alone, sometimes the instances increase.
I used AdwCleaner and HitmanPro, both of which did not seem to resolve the issue. I also downloaded Malwarebytes but for some reason I'm unable to even open the installed file (even as administrator and in safe mode, as suggested elsewhere).
What can I do?
Capture1.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.