Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
:Welcomewave:

IObit released IObit Advanced SystemCare 5!

Download: http://download.cnet.com/3001-2086_4-10407614.html?spi=cf8ae0eee1cc1145aa3e9de92168788b&part=dl-6271865

More info: http://iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Better off linking to the description page so the download does not start unless someone wants to download it. Some people such as myself would like to read something prior to downloading it. Thanks for the heads up.

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?tag=recommendedDownloads

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Is there a video review/test of this product? If not then it'd be nice to see one made (*wink*) just to see how it performs.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Yup I know Dejan, they'll never recover after what happened but still, out of interest it'd be nice to see if they've actually tried to do all the hard work by themself this time.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Dejan said:
Meh, iObit.

Yeah, they lose trust from many people after that, they should learn from their mistake. IObit Security 360 dropped to a very low detection rate.

P

Plexx

It was confirmed on another thread that version 5 was leaked prior to CNET and other sites having it updated.

I would do a video review, but I would need some help for it. I run it on VMWARE and did some tests. I don't mind testing it again and record it, but I will need to know some decent freeware to record and some tips on recording.

I could try to get the Pro version since I know a friend of mine has version 4 Pro and he has probably updated to version 5.

There's some small differences that are only available on Pro version despite being listed on the GUI (or UI) of the Free version.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Maintenance Utilities? They only work good for the first that you use them. After that, Nah.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
ASC 5 is leaps and bounds over previous versions. Why pay for TuneUp when ASC can do everything for free. I tried and it is actually very good.

P

Plexx

One of the tools I find it handy is the Turbo Boost for game mode, however I have their Game Booster 3, so that's the one I use.

While testing on VMWARE was fine, when I ran the registry fix on my host via Quick Care, it detected a problem and after cleaning it, it messed up one of the startup run commands for the Intel Turbo Boost and the Bluetooth. I had to run a backup to get it fixed.

So my advice would be: Back up your registry before using Quick Care.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
biozfear said:
One of the tools I find it handy is the Turbo Boost for game mode, however I have their Game Booster 3, so that's the one I use.

While testing on VMWARE was fine, when I ran the registry fix on my host via Quick Care, it detected a problem and after cleaning it, it messed up one of the startup run commands for the Intel Turbo Boost and the Bluetooth. I had to run a backup to get it fixed.

So my advice would be: Back up your registry before using Quick Care.

That's why many people say registry cleaning may be dangerous. Use a good and safe registry cleaner like CCleaner and Auslogics Registry Cleaner. Just don't play with what do you want it to clean and good luck. :)

P

Plexx

IObit Advanced System Care 5.0.0.158 has been released.

Below is the Change Log:
- New architecture and re-written source code for 32bit/64bit system
- New UI technology for quicker start times and less resource usage
- New ActiveBoost function for real-time optimization
- New Cloud technology to keep the database up-to-date
- Improved UI design for a better overall user experience
- Improved Care module with more powerful clean and optimization functions
- Improved Turbo Boost module with Work and Game mode options

+ Added initial support for Windows 8
+ Added support for Firefox 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 Beta1, Google Chrome 15.0 Beta, 16.0 Beta
+ Added support for Flash Player (Non-IE) 11.0 and Flash Player (IE) 11.0, Thunderbird 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 Beta1, AntiVir Personal 12.0, TeamSpeak 3.0,AVG Free Edition 2012, KMPlayer 3.0, MediaMonkey 4.0
+ Improved Turbo Boost module
+ Improved ActiveBoost module
+ Improved tools in "ToolBox"
+ Improved UI
+ Updated "IObit Uninstaller 2.0"
+ Updated language files
* Fixed general bugs

Source

tina

Nov 18, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
tina said:
I used it once and restore function didn't work properly. UNINSTALLED

Which version?
old version v.4
I found it was effective to clean/remove cookies or internet traces. That's it.
TuneUp is better. Restore function did quite well. Many times tried to another restore and it worked !

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
v4 recieved many updates and I think it was fixed at one of them. And I think v5 is better, because I haven't faced any problem with both.

tina

Nov 18, 2011
Maximus said:
@ tina. You don't use a system utility such as this to remove cookies. Thats what CCleaner is for.
I'm using CCleaner for years too :D.
but I'm talking about restore function of ASC and said only effective removing cookies/traces overall.
Anyway,for fans,they offer free license 0f ASC5 via facebook page-only 24h.
not for me,not again
thanks

cheers

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For Iobit which is really known for cleaning utilities application so ASC 5 Free is not bad at all, privacy cleaner and other features were ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.