Votes: 36 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
I have to give credit where credit is due, IOBIT are superb marketers. Their website is very good, I like the UI of all their products, and, despite their short comings, they have a fine "free" selection of software. But I maintain the same issue I have with Qihoo, Baidu, and that's their obsession with selling people's data. There's no money to be made in "free", and they have to find it elsewhere. I'd rather pay. And yes, I'm aware that they have paid products, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say very few people use the paid software, and if they do, it's probably someone's else key they got off YouTube (no one here has done that before, right, right? ;))

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I go by reputation and the talk of knowledgeable people and not by differing countries of origin.
Its simple with me..if a product or company has a sustained bad reputation across several sources then i go with that and dont use a product or any other products by that company.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Do I trust who?
- IObit company..
- China-based software..
- One product of many IObit software..

I assume the 17 'No' votes are based on being China-based software. The users' that have IObit Uninstaller or Advanced System Care didn't vote Yes, why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

Actually I didn't know it's China-based software. It's stupid but I thought it's a European company.:oops: After that Malwarebytes-gate :) I still cannot trust it at all irrespectively where it's based.

I regular encounter with information like in this thread Scareware leads to 360 Mobile Security . That's why I'm ready to trust any Chinese company if it's not Qihoo, Baidu, Cheetah (sorry I don't know other names).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well it is not about being 'racist' because of their region, however we should aware that documented information provided will determine highly about tactical performance of a company where products represented,

Reactions: Logethica

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I voted yes. I like their softwares

1/ Advanced systemcare: with some tweaks, it optimized my laptop significantly
2/ Driver booster: it probably the best driver updater because the other apps like driver pack solution and slim driver (something like that) cause my laptop and other laptops unbootable because of incompatible drivers. Driver booster rarely causes but pc can be booted using Lastgood in F8 menu
3/ Uninstaller: it has batch uninstaller which is better than the others. Geek & your uninstallers use powerful scan only but iobit uses normal uninstaller and then powerful scan -> better. Revo can provide the same thing but free version is not good

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Speaking on Driver Booster, actually it is on the user decision if willing to accept the risk.

The logic of driver updater is to search for latest updates, so a typical user will follow the instruction if anything found new. (Simple user interaction)

Still a smart user will read the changelog and check for compatibility thoroughly

The program has no fault at all but it's up on user decision.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I think it`s a good product but do I trust it ? No.

But then again I don`t totally trust any product which is why I use outbound control just to keep an eye on things.

Nice GUI but it is a bit invasive to the point of having to configure it in settings and services.As mentioned the uninstaller and driver booster are good but so are the clean-up tools.The Malware Fighter does not come with the bitdefender engine enabled in the free version anyway.

I would use it on demand but I have no need for it as like CyberGhost I`m currently running Kerish Doctor.

Regards Eck:)

Last edited:

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Advanced system care and Iobit uninstaller are very good products i think. But i think the company itself use a lot of deceptive methods too. Even Emsisoft tells you to be very careful when using their products.
I remembered at one time i needed to remove ESET on a Pc but was unable to do it. I downloaded Iobit Uninstaller, booted in safe mode and removed ESET. Then i removed the uninstaller from the pc. Always doing on-demands scans with malwarebytes and Emsisoft emergency Kit once a week and protected with Panda Internet security. One day, i was having a look at the Panda process monitor for curiosity, and i discovered that the Liveupdate.exe(from Iobit) was still active despite the fact that i uninstalled Iobit Uninstaller, and connecting frequently to the internet, about 50 to 100 connections a day. Then i removed and quarantined it.
To answer the question, it will be no, but i think their products are good and useful, especially the uninstaller.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Advanced system care and Iobit uninstaller are very good products i think. But i think the company itself use a lot of deceptive methods too. Even Emsisoft tells you to be very careful when using their products.
I remembered at one time i needed to remove ESET on a Pc but was unable to do it. I downloaded Iobit Uninstaller, booted in safe mode and removed ESET. Then i removed the uninstaller from the pc. Always doing on-demands scans with malwarebytes and Emsisoft emergency Kit once a week and protected with Panda Internet security. One day, i was having a look at the Panda process monitor for curiosity, and i discovered that the Liveupdate.exe(from Iobit) was still active despite the fact that i uninstalled Iobit Uninstaller, and connecting frequently to the internet, about 50 to 100 connections a day. Then i removed and quarantined it.
To answer the question, it will be no, but i think their products are good and useful, especially the uninstaller.

Same here,I remember disabling Liveupdate in services long after iobit was removed from the system.

Regards Eck:)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
IObit's Uninstaller is great and its free, finds more leftovers than Geek Uninstaller free and Revo Uninstaller free, i do use the portable version though to not bloat system with unnecassary services running in backgroud, if we talk about IObit's company itself, i don't trust them for many same reasons mentioned by others members here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.