Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
lmao
  • Americans claiming chinese spy on them
  • Americans claiming russians spy on them
  • Americans claiming EU spy on them
The only demonstrated fact: americans spy on everybody

Remember that old saying? What Peter says about John... tells more about Peter than about John

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Whether you know this or not will change your thinking about evaluation. It is a precise point. Japan also has a history of imitation.
I think the Asian way of thinking is closer to the logic of 'Aiming for 2 by using the existing 1 rather than trying to change 0 to 1.' The logic is 'use existing available items efficiently'.

I do not intend to avoid Chinese software in particular, but I am not good at flashy colors of UI.
In graduate school my international marketing professor talked about selling text books internationally, and how copyright law abroad is very different. In the US text books are astronomically expensive, and if you made a fake copy and sold it the punishment is harsh. But, in Asia their culture views this differently, and in some cases the law sees nothing wrong with this. So in those countries they would sell the text books for dirt cheap to compete with the fraudulent copies. Then US students would import them, and they tried to crack down on that. There’s a different cultural view to information and technology being proprietary and something to be paid for (and behind a wall for the elites who can afford it) VS something to be shared for the common good.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Such tools usually cause serious issues and break Windows so they are useless in every case not to mention that some tools such as Iolo slowdown systems (a tools which is supposed to speed up a system slows it down, a thing that a monkey's mind cannot accept.)
Iolo was the worst i ever tried , always ended up with BSODs...TuneUP and Norton were OK. WiseCare is the best i tried, does the job without much breakage if you don't start toying with the settings.
Anyway, people with good OS knowledge don't need those. The main target are beginners, and beginners may needs them somehow.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

In graduate school my international marketing professor talked about selling text books internationally, and how copyright law abroad is very different. In the US text books are astronomically expensive, and if you made a fake copy and sold it the punishment is harsh. But, in Asia their culture views this differently, and in some cases the law sees nothing wrong with this. So in those countries they would sell the text books for dirt cheap to compete with the fraudulent copies. Then US students would import them, and they tried to crack down on that. There’s a different cultural view to information and technology being proprietary and something to be paid for (and behind a wall for the elites who can afford it) VS something to be shared for the common good.
indeed, in Asia, if you sell a good product/concept, people will try to copy it, modifying eventually to give some added value hoping to make some good business from it. Nobody will cry "Fools, Thief !!!", they will just keep going, doing their best to outmatch the "newcommer"; you won't find much suing for common goods (i dont talk about million dollars tech).

Also people are unaware that when a western company want to implant a factory in China or Asia, they, by default, agreed to share part of their tech. For example, in my small city, we have

F

ForgottenSeer 85911

if american or european manufacturer came along to copy and then flood the markets with lenovo, acer, huwei of same quality at undercut prices the chinese would go insane
they are ok with it as long as it benefits them
intellectual property rights are there to protect those who put all the money into developing and bringing things to market
lenovo, acer, huwei would sue in american and european courts

F

ForgottenSeer 85911

lmao

Remember that old saying? What Peter says about John... tells more about Peter than about John

they all spy on each other
the chinese are known for decades to conduct industrial espionage
russians too just look at their US-copy space shuttle

B

BVLon

lmao

Everyone spies on everyone.
It's not all about spying and dirty practices. There is a tendency for China to push stuff with questionable quality and I don't think that's a secret for anyone.

I don't really care if that sounds racist or tabloid-like.

You guys are like a broken record, just going on and on again, saying "I've got Chinese phone, I've got Chinese laptop...."
You've got Chinese nothing.
You've got something merely assembled in China and designed elsewhere.
Same goes even for the Chinese powerhouses, such as Huawei, Haier, Lenovo and so on and so on...
Their products might be fabricated there, but design, patents, R&D is all located somewhere else and Thank God, otherwise we'd be doomed.

China's copying and pasting, 16-hour shifts and constant cost-cutting do not always work, that's why Chinese companies always seek European or Russian R&D.

Now you'll jump on me and start screaming that Apple, Microsoft, Broadcomm, Qualcomm and many other products come from there.
Yes, they do.
But Apple's USD 1 trillion goes to the US and Foxconn is not getting more than $2.00 per manufactured iPhone.

For the same $2.00 Apple is squeezing the last bit of life from everyone working in Foxconn and it's not a secret how many suicides employees actually commit there. If they manufacture 1 iPhone that doesn't quite meet Apple's quality requirements, Auditors will go 2-3 days after and will conclude that the way Foxconn works is not suitable, penalizing the company heavily. So it seems to me that Apple runs the show... what do you think?

What I'm saying is not a racist comment. I love Asian people. They are bright, smart and strong. I don't like China as a place.
I am just stating facts, that everyone already knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Outpost

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 11, 2020
why "Chinese crap", so for you everything coming from China is crap?
Your sentence is exactly the problem, this rising "despise" and "bashing" of anything Chinese.

I agree! To suppose that everything that comes from China sucks is a mistake. I remember the best Hips of the past were Chinese. So good that some modern Hips would lose the challenge against them.
So ... since they were cutting edge, I would like to understand who they copied from. Maybe from UFOs.

Last edited:
B

BVLon

I agree! Assuming that everything that is Chinese sucks is wrong. I remember the best Hips of the past were Chinese. So good that they would give a hard time even to modern Hips.
So ... since they were cutting edge, I would like to understand who they copied from. Maybe from UFOs.
Name 10 Chinese products that you want me to test. Be it HIPS, Antivirus, gadgets, appliances... I will try to find them here on the market and test their quality. I guarantee it will all be rubbish.
It was tens of vendors doing HIPS in the old days. They might have copied from everyone.

Reactions: [correlate]

Outpost

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 11, 2020
I don't care about the challenges. I have other, more important things to do. If you want to waste time with your comparison tests, I think you know where to find the Chinese products and do all the comparative tests you want. Free to do it, as the others are free to think that not everything that is Chinese is to be thrown away.

B

BVLon

I don't care about the challenges. I have other, more important things to do. If you want to waste time with your comparison tests, I think you know where to find the Chinese products and do all the comparative tests you want. Free to do it, as the others are free to think that not everything that is Chinese is to be thrown away.
Well I am free to say that everything Chinese is low-quality as well, but I can see that 2-3 members got sensitive. No need for over-excitement.
We all got our opinion. In my opinion, everything originating from China is of an extremely low quality, frequently not even passed standard safety requirements (that goes especially for appliances, such as washers) and frequently contains spying components.
That goes for all electronics, including, but not limited to the devices I use, such as iPhone. IOBit is no exception either.
We can keep arguing till tomorrow, my opinion won't change.

Outpost

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 11, 2020
Well I am free to say that everything Chinese is low-quality as well, but I can see that 2-3 members got sensitive. No need for over-excitement.
We all got our opinion. In my opinion, everything originating from China is of an extremely low quality, frequently not even passed standard safety requirements (that goes especially for appliances, such as washers) and frequently contains spying components.
That goes for all electronics, including, but not limited to the devices I use, such as iPhone.
We can keep arguing till tomorrow, my opinion won't change.

Are you referring to me? I have not become sensitive. It is the first post that I write in 7 pages and I have not tried to make you change your mind, because I do not care to do it.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Hmmm I admit I wasn't aware they are AI leaders. :unsure:
If it was just that, research about quantum computers and satellites...
the actual China-US trade war is a sign that China is becoming a real threat to American supremacy both geopolitically and technologically.
5G is a hot topic, who will dominate the 5G market will rule the world of telecommunications, and actually it is Huawei, both in quality and price. Even UK can't dismiss the appealing of Huawei 5G equipment.

Chinese phones are very good and way more affordable than any other brands.
I own a Huawei nova 3i mid-range phone (250$), it is as good as an iPhone X. I don't see a huge difference.

Now sure, in term of classic domestic products, Chinese one are often inferior quality but for a good reason, again it is culturally and financially motivated.
Average asians joes, at least where I live, don't have the financial resources to afford high end durable products. Second, Asian like new stuff, they like to change, they rather buy cheap clothes of lesser quality but more often. Opposite to western culture, who prioritize durability.
Lastly, cheaper the materials, higher the benefits (basic business principle).

For example I own tons of very good quality fake sportswear products, they will last less longer than those of the legit brand but at least I have a big and cool collection for the prices of peanuts.

All this to say, you can't judge things if you don't have the full picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Norton Utilities was originally software for Mac. At that time, Macs did not have defragmentation or check disk functions, so such software was needed separately. Users who have used Macs before osX probably assume that system utility software is a matter of course.

In the case of Asia, rather than Japan, to which I know, the advantage of counterfeiting is that it can generally be widely spread. Most of the breakthrough products that come out first are sold at relatively high prices. That's not surprising, as development costs are also high. Eventually, the industry will revitalize the market by launching inexpensive products with reduced costs. For the company that originally sold the original, it's losing share, but they don't care much because they know that the wealthy tend to prefer the original brand. Some believe that the increase in counterfeit products proves the excellence of the original products.

The issue is going a bit off the thread, but I enjoy watching the thread. It feels like a gentleman's debate.⚫👍💪👍

B

BVLon

Norton Utilities was originally software for Mac. At that time, Macs did not have defragmentation or check disk functions, so such software was needed separately. Users who have used Macs before osX probably assume that system utility software is a matter of course.

In the case of Asia, rather than Japan, to which I know, the advantage of counterfeiting is that it can generally be widely spread. Most of the breakthrough products that come out first are sold at relatively high prices. That's not surprising, as development costs are also high. Eventually, the industry will revitalize the market by launching inexpensive products with reduced costs. For the company that originally sold the original, it's losing share, but they don't care much because they know that the wealthy tend to prefer the original brand. Some believe that the increase in counterfeit products proves the excellence of the original products.

The issue is going a bit off the thread, but I enjoy watching the thread. It feels like a gentleman's debate.⚫👍💪👍
Hmm those emojis, that's @Umbra and @BVLon haha :D
I know we spiced up the forum

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Sometimes, I wonder if the shoes or shirts I bought are really counterfeits. They may be products that didn't pass the Q&A phase (like having a minor defect) or low-end versions destined for lesser income markets. The quality is way to good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.