App Review IOBit Malware Fighter 1.11 Final Test and Review by rynesandbergfan23

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
Let's just say I am not surprised with the results shown by IObit in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLJmpgV0h4I

or

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindows

Aug 19, 2011
IMF is so dead... But what malware geek said is true..
IMF is going for cool interface but not towards detection....

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Let's go back at the time when Iobit have good detection before and managed to remove threats and its like on the stage of improvements but now its like going no down hill and still making it worse than before.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Let's go back at the time when Iobit have good detection before and managed to remove threats and its like on the stage of improvements but now its like going no down hill and still making it worse than before.

Fixed :p

*Let's go back at the time when IObit was stealing and using Malwarebytes signatures and had great detection before and managed to remove threats and its like on the stage of improvements but now its like going down hill because their no longer using them.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Iobit got famous when they were using the MBAM database....Right now, with their own definitions, this product is useless....In a world where MSE and Avast are Free I see no point using/buying this crappy product.

Reactions: Oxygen

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
Jack said:
Iobit got famous when they were using the MBAM database....Right now, with their own definitions, this product is useless....In a world where MSE and Avast are Free I see no point using/buying this crappy product.

x2 this
-
I lost trust for them a LONG time ago, and they will most likely never gain it back! They will not even get (0.01(c)ents) from me!

Their products are a waste of money period!! I bought Advanced Care last year.. then learned about CCleaner.. and how they stool MBAM's definitions.. uninstalled IOBIT products all together.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
While I agree on what has been said, I do have to admit to using their defrag and game booster at the moment... lol. They never will recover from what they done that is a fact, one look at the WOT rating makes me giggle... read away and you know why most will never return. Suprised they still in the game though after been caught with their pants down haha.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
IMF is currently one of the security products that aren't worthy enough to be used for protection.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One thing if necessary is abolish IMF and focus on their other famous product that users still used until now.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
its so weird it detects malwarebytes.....while it is not good at all on blocking malwares.......totally stupid product.....

EddieJ

Jun 19, 2014
The latest version of this "Malware Fighter" installs a shopping toolbar and changes the home page.
Are you kidding me???????????????????????????????????

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.