App Review IObit Malware Fighter PRO 2022 (+Bitdefender engine & Anti-Ransomware)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the IObit test.
IObit is a Chinese software company, offering various software including Malware Fighter.
It has a free version, which is completely useless, and a paid version with an anti-ransomware and Bitdefender engine.
IObit is also known in the past for a controversy: in 2009, IObit stole Malwarebytes' database for its anti-malware....

The interface is very nice and bright, a bit like Chinese antivirus. The software is well configured by default, although you will have to activate the anti-ransomware and Bitdefender manually.

Protection level is very average, even with Bitdefender activated!
IObit does not have Bitdefender's cloud network, which reduces its effectiveness.
Even worse, IObit has a mini-HIPS that will simply warn you that a malware wants to register at startup... it's good, but insufficient because other actions will not be blocked.
The anti-ransomware protection is useless... the data is encrypted at the end (during the KVRT analysis)

Not recommended.

RAM Usage : Low
Malware URL test : 6/10 (4 malware's missed)
Fake crack : 1/1 (Blocked by database)
Malware Pack : Remaining 23 files out of 240.
IObit will not catch any malware...
It will alert when malware wants to register at startup, but it's not enough!
The PC is completely infected and the data encrypted during the rescue scans...

Resistance to script attacks: No

Result :
IObit : 5
NPE: 17
KVRT : 18

Recommand : Not recommended
System Clean : No system infected

@Popolitus request

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
thanks @Shadowra for this test! can you please (re)test the latest version of 360 total security , I am really curious to see how good ( or bad ) their kunpeng engine really is and how their other security layers fair against ransomware and other malware threats....thanks in advance ;)

Yep :)

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
IObit is a Chinese software company, offering various software including Malware Fighter.
It has a free version, which is completely useless, and a paid version with an anti-ransomware and Bitdefender engine.
IObit is also known in the past for a controversy: in 2009, IObit stole Malwarebytes' database for its anti-malware....

The interface is very nice and bright, a bit like Chinese antivirus. The software is well configured by default, although you will have to activate the anti-ransomware and Bitdefender manually.

IObit does not have Bitdefender's cloud network, which reduces its effectiveness.
Even worse, IObit has a mini-HIPS that will simply warn you that a malware wants to register at startup... it's good, but insufficient because other actions will not be blocked.
The anti-ransomware protection is useless... the data is encrypted at the end (during the KVRT analysis)

Not recommended.

Result :

@Popolitus request

Thanks for the test. They are always good.
I have not trusted Iobit since they stole MBAMs data base in was it 2008? But that's just me.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022

Not recommended.

Result :

@Popolitus request

Isn't the majority of IObit portfolio just a lesser knockoff of other products? Like putting lipstick on a pig, the only thing that changes is the UI the other things have minimal change, and it's basically a broken version of more robust solutions.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Isn't the majority of IObit portfolio just a lesser knockoff of other products? Like putting lipstick on a pig, the only thing that changes is the UI the other things have minimal change, and it's basically a broken version of more robust solutions.
This is what I noticed too, especially since IObit is detected as a PUP by some antivirus and Malwarebytes......

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I knew that it most likely is mediocre, maybe not even that, but this bad... .
I tested it, used it, some time ago and the sigs from BD updated 3 times in 5 days. 3 times, not 3 times a day but 3 times in 5 days. When asking their support about that as a license holder, without any answer in about 10 days, i uninstalled. Still have not got a respons after c:a 6 months.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
I knew that it most likely is mediocre, maybe not even that, but this bad... .
I tested it, used it, some time ago and the sigs from BD updated 3 times in 5 days. 3 times, not 3 times a day but 3 times in 5 days. When asking their support about that as a license holder, without any answer in about 10 days, i uninstalled. Still have not got a respons after c:a 6 months.
I didn't even know they had a support staff. I think of them as those cheap fly by night Chinese knock off companies that sell all the same knockoff the difference between them is just the name silkscreened on the item or even sometimes the item has no name just a blank named item in a brown box with a massively photocopied instruction booklet that was ran through a 1995 Mandarin to English auto translator. Also the price for the same item shifts by +/- $15 where the most expensive item might include an addon that is totally unrelated to the item itself. The item is a 3 mode high powered LED flashlight and Bonus Item: Spicy Ghost Pepper Personal Lubricant

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.