App Review IObit Malware Fighter PRO 10.1

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Iobit is a Chinese company. Its paid version uses Bitdefender's engine and, even if it is excellent, having a good engine does not mean foolproof security.....

Interface: 9/10

IObit has a very nice interface, typical of Chinese solutions...
Very clear and sober, it will satisfy a novice user.
But I take away one point because its numerous requests to install other software (like iTop VPN) may scare some people away....

Protection:9/10 / Remains 15 threats on 206 malware / PC Infected after Malware Pack

The Bitdefender engine is good. But it's the only one.
But it doesn't guarantee protection on its own because IObit's HIPS is bad, letting malware install itself!
Too bad, can do better.

Recommand : Average
System Clean : No system infected

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on IObit Malware Fighter PRO 10.1. While having a good engine is important, as you mentioned, it alone does not guarantee foolproof security. It's good to see that you appreciated the interface, but noted the numerous requests to install other software as a downside. It's also important to consider the number of threats missed and the fact that your PC was infected after testing with the Malware Pack. Overall, it seems like you would recommend the software with an average rating, but also noted the need for additional caution when using it.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on IObit Malware Fighter PRO 10.1. While having a good engine is important, as you mentioned, it alone does not guarantee foolproof security. It's good to see that you appreciated the interface, but noted the numerous requests to install other software as a downside. It's also important to consider the number of threats missed and the fact that your PC was infected after testing with the Malware Pack. Overall, it seems like you would recommend the software with an average rating, but also noted the need for additional caution when using it.

That's right, just a little clarification, it's the Pro that deserves this rating. The free version does not offer the Bitdefender engine and is ineffective.

What I would criticize it for is that it relies too much on Bitdefender. The HIPS protection did block some startup entries and prevented password theft through Microsoft Edge. But nowadays, this is completely insufficient to protect effectively as malware becomes more and more sophisticated.
IObit needs to improve this!

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Iobit is a Chinese company. Its paid version uses Bitdefender's engine and, even if it is excellent, having a good engine does not mean foolproof security.....

Interface: 9/10

IObit has a very nice interface, typical of Chinese solutions...
Very clear and sober, it will satisfy a novice user.
But I take away one point because its numerous requests to install other software (like iTop VPN) may scare some people away....

Protection:9/10 / Remains 15 threats on 206 malware / PC Infected after Malware Pack

The Bitdefender engine is good. But it's the only one.
But it doesn't guarantee protection on its own because IObit's HIPS is bad, letting malware install itself!
Too bad, can do better.

Recommand : Average
System Clean : No system infected

When doing the test, were ALL of Windows protections shut down?

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Yep, the goal is to see how the antivirus manages to defend itself if the Windows protections are disabled.

Ok, interesting.

When i test used it about a year ago, it updated the BD sigs 3 times during 5 days. I mailed the support about it and asked if that was normal or if there were an existing problem, i have not yet got an answer.

Thanks by the way for testing these not so known programs, that is more interesting to see the result of then the usual ones.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Thanks for the review, yes, the only thing that I was wondering about was did it improve enough to consider it as a secondary scanner (the price is dirt cheap) I would not have it running alongside.

Neither Ultimate or Malwarefighter can run along Defender if i am correct, they shut down Defender to run in solitary.
Or?

Maybe you know, Shadowra?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.