Iobit products useless and obsolete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
Well, there is a good variety of people along with myself who believes IObit products such as there Cleaner are obsolete and pretty much useless.

For me, they have just created useless errors and I just really see no use for them, what do you guys think and what is your opinions on their products?

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
I always liked Driver Booster & Driver Booster 2, but other than that all their other software is just obsolete in my opinion.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I quite like iobit uninstaller it works good and finds more than Geek uninstaller.
I use Geek Uninstaller with CCleaner's Registry Cleaner, Search Everything, and manual Registry Editor searches. Takes a little longer, but it's more thorough without any IObit bloatware.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I use IObit Uninstaller. IObit Smart Defrag is good also but as for anything else,I personally dont care for it.Uninstaller is a good program and does find a lot of leftover items more so than most.As for the driver programs I don't really see a need for them and Malware fighter,well it is just bad.

sonylxn

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
on my point of view, iobit is just like ashampoo, bloated (and big-time spammer) while there might be good tools one or two
i slightly more liked wise or auslogics

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Other than the Installer I think everything else is useless.

Advanced System Care is targeted at basic computer users who think that the product will speed up their computer for $.

Malware Fighter is one of programs I wonder why someone who make such thing when there is already other better products around.

IObit Uninstaller is the only product they ever had that I could call "useful" even though I don't use it anymore.

Driver Booster is one of those programs that has a chance to install the wrong driver, I personally think that it is easier to manually download the driver from official website.

Smart Defrag is a product that looks promising, but you wont see a difference when you use it.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
I use Geek Uninstaller with CCleaner's Registry Cleaner, Search Everything, and manual Registry Editor searches. Takes a little longer, but it's more thorough without any IObit bloatware.
where u see bloat in iobit uninstaller? I have the lates version and there is only programm uninstall and plugins unistall. didnt see any bloat there.

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
The uninstaller can be useful. I haven't found much else that makes it worth keeping for me. Apparently, it can be really hard to remove completely (as can be things such as Webroot, Norton etc. but not to that extent).

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
all their other software is just obsolete in my opinion.
Do you mean to say ineffective, as opposed to obsolete? Obsolete means outdated, and in my view Iobit's products are not outdated, but most of them are rather ineffective.

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
Do you mean to say ineffective, as opposed to obsolete? Obsolete means outdated, and in my view Iobit's products are not outdated, but most of them are rather ineffective.

Obsolete means ineffective compared to others or outdated.

And yes, that is exactly what I mean.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I've used geek uninstaller, like @Huracan, and would consider trying iObit uninstaller @frogboy's &
@exterminator20's (& others') word on it.;)
I have been holding onto an Advanced SystemCare Pro license which was one of my first Giveaway 'wins' as a new member. After having read members' warnings on threads such as this, I've kept the key (something of a trophy) as an honored gift I would feel quite guilty giving away to anyone whose system might be:eek: damaged!:( Hearing, then, what Softpedia states is something I would take with, not a grain but.., a GREAT Big Chunk of salt:

A powerful All-In-One PC Care Service software solution with anti-spyware, privacy protection and a lot of performance tune-ups available.
OUR RATING:
5.0/5
DEVELOPED BY:
IObit
USER RATING:
4.0/5374
CATEGORY:
C: \ Tweak \ System Tweak

17 Advanced SystemCare Professional Screenshots:

[Buy for $17.49]o_O
DISCOUNT: 30% OFF!
Softpedia in association with IObit offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy Advanced SystemCare Professional with a 30% discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the "Buy Now" button; you'll surely notice the discount has been activated. No coupons, no codes, no questions, no hassle! Get it now, while it's hot!

:rolleyes:Mm, ..no, thank you!:D

Source: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Advanced-WindowsCare-Professional.shtml

Last edited:

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Obsolete means ineffective compared to others or outdated.

And yes, that is exactly what I mean.
obsolete
[ob-suh-leet, ob-suh-leet]

adjective
no longer in general use; fallen into disuse:
an obsolete expression.
of a discarded or outmoded type; out of date:
an obsolete battleship.
(of a linguistic form) no longer in use, especially, out of use for at least the past century.
Compare archaic.
effaced by wearing down or away.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obsolete

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I think it's safe to say ('Obsolete' aside) that most of us agree:

Many of iObit's software, though not all, are 'effectively' and presently disqualified from winning our most popular software competition, ...and shall be withdrawn from the swimsuit bare back riding event as well.
..and the winner is "The Girl and her horse's mouth!":D
upload_2015-4-22_19-16-19.jpeg

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

It's debatable which is the best among these type products - Advanced, Wise, etc. If it works for you and you like it, then that's all that matters. I think comparing these products is like splitting hairs - with one not having any decisive advantage over the other.

CCleaner with CCEnhancer has stood the test of time and is continually improving.

I want the horse - not the girl.

Talking horse = $$$

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
IObit Uninstaller and Driver Booster are both excellent programs, their other software not so much.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well as others mentioned, some products of Iobit are useful and worth to try as possible but not all the features.

I've use ASC PRO one year valid license as my brother recommended it and there's nothing happen any problems on using cleaner, driver booster and registry cleaner (except registry defrag which I didn't test it)

If there is obsolete then its likely their AV part which better to discontinue rather continuing with risks.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
The Ultimate version of Advanced SystemCare has an antivirus component which uses Bitdefender's scan engine, so it should provide quite decent protection. But, Malware Fighter is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.