Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
where u see bloat in iobit uninstaller? I have the lates version and there is only programm uninstall and plugins unistall. didnt see any bloat there.
Compared to version 1, their new releases are bloated.
- No official portable version
- Auto install to Program Files
- Extra files and exe in install folder
- Background processes
- Leaves left over files, upon removal of IObit Uninstaller

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I use Geek Uninstaller with CCleaner's Registry Cleaner, Search Everything, and manual Registry Editor searches. Takes a little longer, but it's more thorough without any IObit bloatware.

As an old user of Geek Uninstaller, I switched to IOBit Uninstaller, since they started with the Free & Pro version models, and "thorough" removal available in Pro version. Also other features like Batch Removal, Real-time installation monitor, Thorough removal, Modern interface etc which are locked to only Pro version of Geek are available in IOBit Uninstaller.

Compared to version 1, their new releases are bloated.
- No official portable version
- Auto install to Program Files
- Extra files and exe in install folder
- Background processes
- Leaves left over files, upon removal of IObit Uninstaller

Since IOBit uninstaller has real-time installation monitoring, it needs to run a service/background task, which effectively is better considering it's an uninstaller. This also makes having a portable version unnecessary.

In the latest versions you can choose where to install IOBit Uninstaller on your system by selecting Custom. Yes the installer also includes ASC, but unlike most other softwares, it's shown upfront so you easily disable it. Although I've to admit it leaves left-over files upon uninstallation of IOBit uninstaller.

atMKPXf.png

Nirv5668

Level 2
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
The Ultimate version of Advanced SystemCare has an antivirus component which uses Bitdefender's scan engine, so it should provide quite decent protection. But, Malware Fighter is terrible.
I'm not sure if Advanced SystemCare is the same protection as Malware Fighter Pro, which also supposedly uses Bitdefender engine (Malware fighter free doesn't, I guess), but that one seemed really bad in this review. I'm kind of wondering what using the Bitdefender engine means, given this outcome:

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As an old user of Geek Uninstaller, I switched to IOBit Uninstaller, since they started with the Free & Pro version models, and "thorough" removal available in Pro version. Also other features like Batch Removal, Real-time installation monitor, Thorough removal, Modern interface etc which are locked to only Pro version of Geek are available in IOBit Uninstaller.

The Free and Pro versions of Geek Uninstaller do not appear to be same software, or an upgraded version of the Free.

"Geek Uninstaller - Efficient and Fast, Small and Portable. 100% Free"

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
The Free and Pro versions of Geek Uninstaller do not appear to be same software, or an upgraded version of the Free.
Altohugh the user interface is completely different in Uninstall Tool (the paid version of Geek), it is an enchanced version of Geek Uninstaller.

Reactions: Ink

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Altohugh the user interface is completely different in Uninstall Tool (the paid version of Geek), it is an enchanced version of Geek Uninstaller.
Yes and especially since they mention in the note, "Modern UI" available in only Pro version of Geek Uninstaller.

AHB4XDW.png

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I'm not sure if Advanced SystemCare is the same protection as Malware Fighter Pro, which also supposedly uses Bitdefender engine (Malware fighter free doesn't, I guess), but that one seemed really bad in this review. I'm kind of wondering what using the Bitdefender engine means, given this outcome:

IObit Malware Fighter is not an AV, and it doesn't have Bitdefender.

I don't know enough about defraggers to offer an opinion on SmartDefrag.

IObit Uninstaller is quite good. I use it simultaneously with Revo; it often gets things Revo missed.

IObit Unlocker is very good to have in your context menu.

I have Advanced System Care. I never use the One Click or registry cleaning on it or any other utility program. ASC provides a very good shortcut fix. Its file shredder is good. Its disk space analyzer falls well short of Glary.

The other day I had a session die because of Roboscan's real time service settling in at 70% CPU Usage. That was the last straw with Roboscan for me. I had just gotten a one-year giveaway of Advanced System Care Ultimate, so I made it my AV. I have had one month trial with ASCU before. I have tried Avast, Webroot, and Roboscan. I would rate ASCU as the most lightweight AV I've had. Until I transition to a new computer, that's important to me.

Last year I had an Advanced System Care Pro giveaway on realtime. I got very upset with it, because it kept on changing my Quick settings. At one point I caught it deleting my Firefox history. Appalling! And of course contrary to how I had set it. I took it off realtime. I have never had Advanced System Care Ultimate change my settings. If it does, it gets the boot.

IObit has lots of giveaways for its shareware.

Reactions: Nirv5668 and Jack

Nirv5668

Level 2
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
I actually installed IOBit Uninstaller after reading this thread. I thought I had 3-computer Revo pro, but its only for one computer it turns out. I tried IOBit uninstaller and I actually kind of like it more than Revo...it is much faster, doesn't bring up the the software uninstaller (at least not for anything I have uninstalled), has the option to remove metro apps (didn't realize I could do this, but I never use them, and now they are gone), and seems to do as good of a job with leftovers. And its free:). I haven't tried Geek uninstaller, but its good to know there are so many free options.

IObit Malware Fighter is not an AV, and it doesn't have Bitdefender.

Okay, got it. The description says "dual-core" engine, which I assumed meant Bitdefender.
"With unique "Dual-Core" anti-malware engine, IObit Malware Fighter is able to detect and remove various kinds of malware, like spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms, and hijackers, ensuring you a safer PC."

Glad to hear that result was not with the Bitdefender engine!

L

LabZero

Well, I think you can safely avoid Iobit products.

Revo Uninstaller for me is the best alternative to Iobit Uninstaller even though the free version does not detect 64-Bit programs but a uninstaller is not absolutely necessary.

I try the software leftover manually in the registry and folders.

Smart Defrag is a good program but there are other alternatives: on Win 7 for me the best defrag is My Defrag , evolution of JK Defrag.

IObit Driver Booster? No thanks, I try the drivers directly from the manufacturer's site that is the best thing.

ASC: crap and crash systems, Ccleaner is the best because it is no deep and it is better this way.

Iobit Malware Fighter, useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I started using ASC & other Iobit products while using XP and performed all operations as specified by ASC to speedup my PC. After moving from XP to Windows 7 ASC started corrupting files on win 7 after doing deep care. After that I re-installed my PC and now I don't use any products made by IObit. Use CCleaner(with Winapp2.ini additions) & bleachbit to clear temp files & junk files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.