Battle IOBIT Smart Defrag VS Defraggler vs Auslogics Disk Defrag

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
IOBIT Smart Defrag VS Defraggler vs Auslogics Disk Defrag vs Puran defrag free which do you think is better? Overall for doing the job the fastest and the most thorough job?

PS. Main thing I'm worried about with Auslogics Disk Defrag is it seems to collect a lot of user data of what it seems, I may be wrong.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Isn't degrag history? Why still do it?
If you're using a hard drive rather than a SSD, defragmentation will still reduce disk performance. Because of this, starting with Vista, the standard Windows defrag autmaitcally does a defrag in the background once a week. While Microsoft's defrag software actually works very well, in some cases you will get better disk performance by using third party defrag tools. But, it's worth noting, that in some cases you will actually get better disk performance from using Microsoft's defrag software, rather than third party software. Because of this, for most people, the best option would be just to let Windows defrag your drives weekly, rather than installing other defrag software.

When it comes to SSDs, due to the way they work there is little need to defrag them. Despite what many people claim, it is actually safe to do so, but there's just little point in doing so. Having said that Windows itself does defrag SSDs, It dosn't cause any harm and generally shouldn't be disabled.

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I bought O&O Defrag 22 a couple of months back reduced to 7 or 9 dollar - As my spinning disk contains just music video & photographs it rarely needs defragging. My SSD has Windows & Data on it I rad the SOLID optimiser & it did drop boot time greatly by several seconds & speeded up zipping unzipping/moving data in the data partition which did surprise me. I run it once a month or so now. A good cheap investment - Just my 10 pence worth.

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I have one PC with an SSD but the set up is more expensive because I still need a regular HD for the programs that won't fit in it.

With that, I have to use regular HDs for the other machines. I noticed that sometimes the built-in defrag does not run automatically for Win 7 and 8, causing the systems to slow down considerably. That's why I have to use at least free versions of third-party apps.

I do the same for the antivirus and backup program.

Reactions: Cortex and roger_m

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
My system drive is an SSD and my data drive is an HDD. I use o&o defrag "zone filing" option to put my Steam folder to the outer part(faster) of the HDD. So basically Steam games should load faster. I have one partition on that HDD and cluster size is 4k. I think bigger cluster size(8, 16 even 64k) will increase the speed, especially when reading bigger contigous files. So i think i made an mistake when i formatted my HDD(cluster size at least 8k). Downside is that with bigger cluster size, any file on the HDD takes some extra space. Correct if im wrong :D

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Last edited:

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
What about glarysoft disk speedup? I actually got the latest version of that and iobit smart defrag (both free) and notice to my disappointment that both of their "boot time" defrag only seems to take care of the pagefile and mft but not the actual whole disk and files. And of course they both tell me a completely different story about my two drives (HDD spinners, and let's NOT start "that" convo again!) LOL One shows my c: drive at 4% fragmented and the other says .50% and one shows my other drive (for games) at 1% and 8% ! What a difference! I know they use different algorithms. I also have Perfect Disk installed but I am not happy that it seems to not have been updated as much as just patched to keep working with Windows 10. So what do you guys/gals think? Any program that will do a complete boot time defrag of ALL files?

Reactions: roger_m

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Any program that will do a complete boot time defrag of ALL files?
Anvisoft Ultimate Defrag Pro has a boot time defrag option which will do this. It was originally a paid program, but the final version is freeware.
You can see screenshots of it at the Softpedia and download it from the Google Drive link, as its own website is no longer online.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f2r8kwGt3ccRkABQqbQ9Y2A7D2flH4Fl/view

I scanned its installer at VirusTotal and a number of antiviruses classify it as a PUP, which is often the case for software like this, but have no reason to believe it is unsafe.

Reactions: Cortex

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Anvisoft Ultimate Defrag Pro has a boot time defrag option which will do this. It was originally a paid program, but the final version is freeware.
You can see screenshots of it at the Softpedia and download it from the Google Drive link, as its own website is no longer online.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f2r8kwGt3ccRkABQqbQ9Y2A7D2flH4Fl/view

I scanned its installer at VirusTotal and a number of antiviruses classify it as a PUP, which is often the case for software like this, but have no reason to believe it is unsafe.
Thanks much, I will give it a go. I thought about O&O defrag as I see a lot of people (on here too) who prefer it. I haven't tried it in a few years but not sure if will defrag ALL
the files at boot up or not.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Well.... I was GOING to install it, but it is older and my AV screamed about it too and then I saw on virus total that even Kaspersky was flagging it. That was enough of a warming for me! :(

Reactions: Cortex

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Well.... I was GOING to install it, but it is older and my AV screamed about it too and then I saw on virus total that even Kaspersky was flagging it. That was enough of a warming for me! :(
Kaspersky detects it as Hoax.Win32.DeceptPCClean.et which indicates it is a PUP, rather than being malicious. I tried this yesterday and have used some of their other software in the past, with no issues.

I use O&O Defrag, but haven't enabled boot time defragmentation, so don't know if it will defrag all files. You can often get past versions of it as a giveaway.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Kaspersky detects it as Hoax.Win32.DeceptPCClean.et which indicates it is a PUP, rather than being malicious. I tried this yesterday and have used some of their other software in the past, with no issues.

I use O&O Defrag, but haven't enabled boot time defragmentation, so don't know if it will defrag all files. You can often get past versions of it as a giveaway.
*Update* Yes I did install and use O&O and it DOES run full system defrag at bootup! :)(y)

BTW what is happening with Condusiv? I see on their site Diskeeper is, um... gone and replaced?

The best technologies in V-locity, Diskeeper, and SSDkeeper have been rolled into one new product – DymaxIO.

DymaxIO™ is fast data software that utilizes AI (artificial intelligence) to detect and adapt to its operating environment.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
*Update* Yes I did install and use O&O and it DOES run full system defrag at bootup! :)(y)

BTW what is happening with Condusiv? I see on their site Diskeeper is, um... gone and replaced?

The best technologies in V-locity, Diskeeper, and SSDkeeper have been rolled into one new product – DymaxIO.

DymaxIO™ is fast data software that utilizes AI (artificial intelligence) to detect and adapt to its operating environment.

So sad since unlike perfectdisk diskeeper did it's job i felt slightly better installation performance using this product and it didn't cause issues but i might tweak it via tce.cmd for extra performance in the future .

if you found a way to get diskeeper i would recommend trying it out if you have lots of small Io's or have many hdds to defrag but VDI/servers are the focus of the product .

as you can see from the report it doesn't starve the ram and ram usage can be tuned via tce.cmd as well.
oh and V-locity is using the same engine as diskepeer but the home edition is limited to 2 gb of ram so unless you have at least 8gb of ram use home else pro assuming you find a way to purchase the product and for servers / VDI's it's essential and i would recommend buying dymaxio for these vdi /servers users(almost same as V-locity just a small update of V-locity with shitty marketing tricks) .

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.