Expired IObit Uninstaller Pro 7.02 1 Year Free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Fuzzfas

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 8, 2013
MalwareBytes incident is an old story, and I think now there is no reason to highlight this old fact.
Maybe others have committed errors relating to the trust and we do not know how the facts are.
One of my dear irl friend are using ASC for many years and, on the same PC, he does online banking by entering password and manipulating sensitive data.
As it was to be expected with absolutely no privacy issue.
But of course everyone has his opinions and I always will respect them :)

Oh, i think in a world about security, which is all about "trust", one has to keep good memory, so that the younger ones know. Because trust in security is paramount. I call it "an informed choice". It's like i bring in your house an ex burglar. Wouldn't you prefer to know that he was caught for burglary before you trust him to sleep in your house? I see it something similar about what you allow to install on your PC. That's all. And maybe others did it too, but that's always the catch. You aren't a thief unless you are caught. But if you are caught, you are, no less, a thief. Is it fair? No, but that's how the world goes. Personally, in this age, where every application wants to "phone home" and you have to trust it for what it sends home, i would never trust Iobit, given their past. But that's just me.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Life is short, I feel its time to move on, we learn... I've long forgiven Iobit for the copying of Malwarebytes without consent. You really don't know what companies are pure if ANY.

Noones perfect, I assume Iobit has learned the lesson and should be forgiven unless found with their hands in cookie jar again.

People still use Microsoft, even if W10 was forced on some W7 users without asking, but Windows is in demand, and you can forgive, overlook or go Linux I guess.

Last edited:

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I've long forgiven Iobit for the copying of Malwarebytes without consent
It would be foolish to copy MB nowadays. v3 is a wreck :ROFLMAO:

That said, IObit Uninstaller wants to run a service 24/7. I disabled that.

Notably, when I used IObit Uninstaller to remove Java 8, it found 10,000+ registry entries that had built up from long gone Java installations. Since I recognized the CAFE... keys I let IObit do its thing. Remarkably all seems well after that mass cleansing. FWIW I'm a big Revo fan, yet Revo always ignored these entries. Time will tell if these registry entries were necessary, but as an unabashed reg tweaker, I think the entries were non-essential. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: roger_m and frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.