Expired iOlo System Mechanic - 6 months free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Paul123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
I haven't tried System mechanic before, but from magazine reviews many put this as one of the better optimisers. There again many people believe these are just snake-oil...

Its the standard, not pro version.

Last edited:

Paul123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
The truth is in the users eyes
As long as nobody blames me if it breaks their system. Like I said I haven't tried it before, and I tend to use AVG TuneUp myself (though I'm recently impressed with Kerish Doctor 2017 and may go to that)

Paul123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
Thanks , but no Thanks! I'd rather stick with Kerish doctor ( recently bought a 4 Year license ) and ccleaner!

I was impressed with Kerish Doctor, which I tried after some recommendations on this site, it seemed to do a thorough job of cleaning the registry of rubbish and other good optimisations, and picked up more than AVG TuneUp. Looking at what it found the deletions it recommended seemed to make sense (ie old programs stuff left behind). That said I like the 'put to sleep' option in AVG TuneUp, and use that more for that option than the registration optimisation. Whether any of these optimisers give any real improvement is up for debate, as I said a lot think they are just snake oil... but I think they make the machine run more smoothly.

I every appz have advantage for something

I'd agree from my experience I'd say Kerish (the most thorough regististry optimiser), AVG TuneUp (Its sleep function) and Glary Utilities (Nice privacy eraser)

Last edited:

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I think what this software company does is buy licensing rights for various other software companies technologies and combines them into this one software. When I was using a 386SX it worked great for me years ago. But in later years it did nothing but cause problems.

The problem I have with this software is that the last time I purchased a store bought license from this company it kept getting deactivated over and over and I had to contact the company to keep it going over and over.

As for what this software does, in MY OPINION it is a mix and mash of various other programs out on the market today already that do various things that you can buy individually, the technology is just mixed in a simple ONE FOR ALL IDEA.

I may be wrong, but I think their "PROCESS" feature is a licensed to sell version of Process Lasso.

I think they are a company that licenses technology to mix up and sell it with this software.

I haven't used this for a while because of their licensing issues.

I would not recommend it to anyone with my experience. IN MY OPINION.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
As long as nobody blames me if it breaks their system. Like I said I haven't tried it before, and I tend to use AVG TuneUp myself (though I'm recently impressed with Kerish Doctor 2017 and may go to that)
I do not think anyone will blame you.If anything it opens up the software to debate and in the end probably helps some people to make an informed decision whether or not to use it.
Personally I would agree with the last 5 replies.

Paul123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
I did try it, but didn't find anything I'd call special about it. It only found two extra things that the other optimisers I used didnt and both of them were things that shouldn't have been removed/fixed; they wouldn't have been catastrophic, but they were ill advised.

Maybe the Pro version is better? I'm confused why it got good reviews in some magazines. Not terrible, but not great either. Not a keeper.

You're probably better off going for the Kerish Doctor 2017 giveaway on this forum. Kerish Doctor 2017 did impress me, but I only had a trial and its run out now:( and I'd already bought AVG Tune Up 2017 so couldnt really justify buying another to myself. Fingers crossed I, and you win oneo_O.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
These tools are never any good, yet they continuously keep roping people into using them. Took me a long time to realize this but when I stopped using junk like this I stopped having pc problems, freezes and crashes I also had stopped having to do system restores , resets and reinstalling my OS.

I can't remember the last time I had to reinstall or reset my OS, except for Windows Upgrades. Any tool you need to fix, repair or clean Windows is included with Windows, no need for anything else.

The ONLY utility I keep on my system is CCleaner, that's it. I just use the cleaner part of it, not even the registry cleaner, keep warez and questionable software off my system and do not surf where I do not belong and my pc runs just as quick as the first day I bought it ...... and it's 5 years old. The only reinstalls I have done is when I upgraded from 7, then to 8 / 8.1 and now 10.

Last edited:

Paul123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
These tools are never any good, yet they continuously keep roping people into using them. Took me a long time to realize this but when I stopped using junk like this I stopped having pc problems, freezes and crashes I also had stopped having to do system restores , resets and reinstalling my OS.

Ive never had any issues with the ones Ive used and my Windows 10 has been remarkable stable, but I would agree on your skepticism. Its hard to know if the system seems to be running better because you've run one of these tools or because you believe its made it run smoother and actually the O/S is just more stable anyway. A lot think they are snake-oil. I do think they do make some difference, removing stuff left by program uninstalls, left over temp files etc, but certainly not the exaggerated 'good as a new PC' claims many of them make. Bad ones can, as you say destroy a system, and theres a lot of those about.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I tested Iolo SM and nothing to say about the reliability of the operations, according to my experience.
But it suffers from a well-known problem common to many optimizers: the background services which consume RAM and CPU cycles.
Kerish Doctor has the same problem but you can use it without real-time activities, just on demand.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.