Troubleshoot IP Prob

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
My IP usually starts with 210.x.x.x
Sometimes IP is assigned as 195.195.x.x. When this IP is assigned ports 80, 443 are open & rest closed. This happens with both direct connection (without router) & with router.
If I restart the system the usual IP is assigned 210.x.x.x & no probs.

Today when I started system IP was assigned as 195.195.x.x.
When I tried to browse, I got the captcha page. Attached is the screenshot.
I restarted the system & the usual IP was assigned 210.x.x.x & no probs.

Dont know why sometimes 195.195.x.x. is assigned?
As you can see above it seems dangerous as ports 80 & 443 open. And today got the captcha page.

Any info?
Is something fishy/malicious here?

Win 7 64

Attachments

• Scr.png
    Scr.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 417
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
If you got this IP just restart router.
I always do that. But that means everytime I have to check the IP after system boot. And other average users share this system & other system with the home wifi through router. They dont know anything about security.

Why sometimes I get 195.195.x.x? And why ports are open on this IP?

Reactions: Logethica
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
If your router have hardware firewall enable for block all ingoing connections (statefoul packet inspection)
Dont have any option to block anything.
Attached is the screenshot of router FW.

Attachments

• FW.png
    FW.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 387
Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Dont have any option to block anything.
Attached is the screenshot of router FW.

You can achieve this by logging into your router via your browser window and configuring the settings.

Did you run Admin cmd.exe + ipconfig ?

Crap man... it can be any of 10,000 different things.

Stick with basics... run cleanmgr and clear out all your temp files.

Upvote 0
L

LabZero

Thread author
@yesnoo port 80 and 443 are normally open because internet connection
The presence of the values 80 and 443, suggests that you have connected to a web server using, respectively, the protocols HTTP and HTTPS

Reactions: FireShootSK
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@yesnoo port 80 and 443 are normally open because internet connection
The presence of the values 80 and 443, suggests that you have connected to a web server using, respectively, the protocols HTTP and HTTPS
But with IP 210.x.x.x all the ports are stealth.
With 195.x.x.x 80, 443 open & rest closed.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You can achieve this by logging into your router via your browser window and configuring the settings.

Did you run Admin cmd.exe + ipconfig ?

Crap man... it can be any of 10,000 different things.

Stick with basics... run cleanmgr and clear out all your temp files.
What do I check with ipconfig /all?

Upvote 0
L

LabZero

Thread author
Check that the router has the remote administration off, if on deactive it and you see if there are firmware updates

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Thread author
IP Address 203.115.71.150 is listed in the CBL. It shows signs of being infected with a spam sending trojan, malicious link or some other form of botnet.

It was last detected at 2015-06-12 12:00 GMT (+/- 30 minutes), approximately 1 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes ago.

This IP is infected (or NATting for a computer that is infected) with the Conficker botnet.

More information about Conficker can be obtained from Wikipedia

Please follow these instructions.

Dshield has a diary item containing many third party resources, especially removal tools such as Norton Power Eraser, Stinger, MSRT etc.

One of the most critical items is to make sure that all of your computers have the MS08-067 patch installed. But even with the patch installed, machines can get reinfected.

There are several ways to identify Conficker infections remotely. For a fairly complete approach, see Sophos.

If you have full firewall logs turned on at the time of detection, this may be sufficient to find the infection on a NAT:

Your IP was observed making connections to TCP/IP IP address 216.66.15.114 (a conficker sinkhole) with a destination port 80, source port (for this detection) of 51518 at exactly 2015-06-12 12:09:13 (UTC). All of our detection systems use NTP for time synchronization, so the timestamp should be accurate within one second.

If you don't have full firewall logging, perhaps you can set up a firewall block/log of all access (any port) to IP address 216.66.15.114 and keep watch for hits.

WARNING: DO NOT simply block access to 216.66.15.114 and expect to not get listed again. There are many conficker sinkholes - some move around and even we don't know where they all are. Blocking access to just one sinkhole does not mean that you have blocked all sinkholes, so relistings are possible. You have to monitor your firewall logs, identify the infected machine, and repair them if you wish to remain delisted.

Recent versions of NMap can detect Conficker, but it's not 100% reliable at finding every infection. Nmap is available for Linux, xxxBSD, Windows and Mac. Nessus can also find Conficker infections remotely. Several other scanners are available here.

Enigma Software's scanner is apparently good at finding Conficker A.

University of Bonn has a number of scan/removal tools.

If you're unable to find the infection, consider:
  • If you used a network scanner, make sure that the network specification you used to check your network was right, and you understand how to interpret a conficker detection.
  • Some network conficker scanners only detect some varieties of conficker. For example, nmap misses some. If you can't find it with nmap, try other scanners like McAfee's. In other words, try at least two.
  • Are you sure you have found _all_ computers in your network? Sometimes there are machines quietly sitting in back rooms somewhere that got forgotten about. It would be a good idea to run
    nmap -sP <ALL of your network specifications>

which should list all your computers, printers and other network devices. Did you see all the computers you expected to see?
  • The infected computer may be turned off at the time you ran the scan or not on the network. Double-check everything was turned on during the scan.
  • If you have wireless, make sure it's secured with WPA or WPA2, and that "strangers" can't connect. WEP security is NOT good enough.
  • Many versions of Conficker propagate via infected thumbdrives/USB keys. When an infected machine is found, ALL such devices associated with the machine should be considered suspect, and either destroyed or completely reformatted.
  • Conficker also propagates by file and printer shares.
If you simply remove the listing without ensuring that the infection is removed (or the NAT secured), it will probably relist again.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
hjlbx,

203.115.71.150 is the Gateway of my ISP.

My router is set to WPA2 protection.

All these instructions are for me or my ISP?

My system is fine.
No probs whatsoever.

Only sometimes this IP is assigned 195.195.1.13, last 2 numbers are different everytime.
The only prob I see with this IP is ports 80 & 443 open.

As per this chart my system is fine.
http://www.confickerworkinggroup.org/infection_test/cfeyechart.html

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.