speccy.jpg

More detailed:
  • CPU: Core i7 720QM 1.6 - 2.8GHz Quad core with hyper-threading
  • RAM: 4 GB DDR3 dual-channel
  • HDD: 500 GB
  • Graphics: ATi Mobility Radeon HD5650 1GB memory
  • Screen: 14" @ 1366 x 768 glossy
Accessories:
  • Samsung SyncMaster P2370HD @ 1080p (doubling as my tv)
  • Prodigy cube external sound card
  • Logitech performance MX mouse
  • Logitech K800 Illuminated wireless keyboard (unified receiver singularity ftw :D )
  • Microsoft cooling pad
  • Sennheiser HD555, klipsh image s4, Bose CQ15 headphones (i have a headphone thing :blush: )

iPanik

Thread author
Feb 28, 2011
Probably.
However, mobile i7's are "supposed" to run a little hot and it has a heat threshold of 100*C. I have never seen over 75* though.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
good laptop :) Nice cpu with HT tech. you could try to see if you can get your hands on 2x 4GB 1333MHz, you will feel improvments. Where do you live so that I can give you some link maybe. I would also suggest a laptop cooler if you want.

Regards,
Valentin N

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Valentinchen N.....................Laptop coolers are not a cure all. The most a cooler can do for you is drop about 5 degrees off your temp. Thats not worth the price to me. I bought a Zalman 2 years ago. Used it for a month now it just sits in my desk. It raises your laptop up to much. You can gain a few cooler degrees by putting a pencil under your laptop to elevate it more. Most find laptop coolers annoying. There are a million laptops in this world. If an after market cooelr was so necessary then we would all have them. A laptop naturally runs hotter due to passive cooling.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
If your laptop is that hot then you have other issues. A Zalman cooler is not meant to sit on your legs. Its meant to sit on a desk. There are comfortable coolers to sit on your legs.

iPanik

Thread author
Feb 28, 2011
yep, the very same. :D
I am thinking of adding another 4GB of ram since i am beginning to use a few VMs with work.
I have a cooler that i have on my desk. i got it because my desk is made of wood so the laptop got a bit hot because of it. It gives a great airflow. however i only turn on the fan during stressful tasks, like encoding or long gaming sessions.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.