iPhone 4S Battery Drain Crisis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Exorcizm

Thread author
umbrapolaris said:
Exorcizm said:
He should do his research before he keeps buying into Apple, it's his fault if he does lol

true ! i always said, dont blame the robber if he stole your stuff, blame yourself for not being careful and becomes a victim :D

Nice saying! :D

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
From Softpedia:

The battery drain issue plaguing iPhone 4S users may be related to a software bug that can be eliminated (temporarily) by tweaking some of the settings.

According to reports, the bug is tied to the time-zone functionality of the iOS. Switching it off reportedly improves battery life, but it is unclear whether or not this is the only issue that causes the battery train on Apple’s latest handset.

This is not the first time a major iOS update takes its toll on the battery life of iDevices. Both iOS 3 and iOS 4 have posed such troubles for many users.

Apple usually dispatches incremental updates to alleviate such problems. It has also been reported that the company’s engineers are working directly with affected customers to try and pinpoint the cause of the battery drain in order to implement a fix in the next software update.

P.S. Just noticed this has been posted in this excellent thread

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
NathanF1 said:
From Softpedia:

The battery drain issue plaguing iPhone 4S users may be related to a software bug that can be eliminated (temporarily) by tweaking some of the settings.

According to reports, the bug is tied to the time-zone functionality of the iOS. Switching it off reportedly improves battery life, but it is unclear whether or not this is the only issue that causes the battery train on Apple’s latest handset.

This is not the first time a major iOS update takes its toll on the battery life of iDevices. Both iOS 3 and iOS 4 have posed such troubles for many users.

Apple usually dispatches incremental updates to alleviate such problems. It has also been reported that the company’s engineers are working directly with affected customers to try and pinpoint the cause of the battery drain in order to implement a fix in the next software update.

Either way, Apples crap! :D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
iPhone battery fix coming 'in a few weeks'

Apple has admitted a problem with battery life on the iPhone 4S, saying a software fix is coming.
Apple has acknowledged a problem with battery life on the iPhone 4S and other devices running its new operating system. The company says a software update coming "in a few weeks" will address the problem.

The company previously had not publicly acknowledged complaints about battery life on the phone, which surfaced soon after it was released October 14 and continued to grow in the weeks since.

"A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices," Apple said in a statement to AllThingsD, a part of the Wall Street Journal network. "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."

Read more

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
iOS 5.0.1 arrives with purported battery life fixes.
As promised, Apple has released an update to iOS 5 that purports to fix bugs within the operating system that affected the battery life of its devices. The 5.0.1 update is relatively minor otherwise—in addition to the battery life bugs, Apple says it contains improved voice recognition for Aussies using Siri for dictation, adds multitasking gestures for the original iPad, and resolves bugs related to Documents in the Cloud.

Source

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As I read it, its bad at all that a battery may drain so fast even its not even use and charging again and again may consume a lot of time.

So good to see a fix will release to solve the issue regarding on the battery.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Its better practice to sync it first and hooked it up to a power source so there is no risk in loosing battery power while updating. Losing battery power while performing an update will lock your phone up.Any any device in that matter.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
To each his own.
I plugged mine into the wall first because the battery was low, but did the update ota.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Good to see they've released an update, looks like Apple is still somewhat on top of there mess.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
There is no mess going on with Apple. Care to elaborate when the iPhone is still the #1 smart phone. And iPad is the #1 tablet.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hey Maximus, iPhone and iPad is not number 1, the iphone 4 had connection problems, the iphone 4s has battery issues, there iOS updates sometimes cause problems with the phones, they are not the best, that is your personal preference :)

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Incorrect. The iPhone 4 did not have connection issues. Connection pertains to wifi. The antenna issue made for dropped calls and if you hold the phone incorrectly. Only CERTAIN iPhone 4S's have battery issues. It helps if you stay on top of the news. Dispute these so called issues the iPhone is still the most popular smart of the market. Apple is also quick to respond with IOS updates. I have had my car for 3 years with no issues. But my co-worker had the exact same car as me with tons of issues. Does it mean that every car like mine has issues? Nope. For every poor battery life iPhone 4 S there is tens of thousandths without issues.

http://cell-phones.toptenreviews.com/smartphones/

http://www.mobilespoon.net/2011/09/what-is-most-popular-smartphone-in.html

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-smartphones/

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/12/engadgets-smartphone-buyers-guide-fall-2011-edition/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, we get the facts, but being the "best" and "#1" mean nothing. Just pointing that out.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
Maximus said:
you hold the phone incorrectly

hold_iphone4.jpg

tbh there SHOULD NOT be a right or wrong way to hold a Iphone. i mean its a phone!!! , Samsung has this problem? no Nokia? No? i could go on

as for iphone is the leading smartphone?? http://www.pcworld.com/article/242964/htc_takes_top_spot_in_us_smartphone_market.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.