iPhone 4S Battery Drain Crisis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Hey Nathan, i wrote McLovins comment, i was unavailable at the time LOL but thankyou ;)

and yes, i think Maximus should stop being bias :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Hey Nathan, i wrote McLovins comment, i was unavailable at the time LOL but thankyou ;)

and yes, i think Maximus should stop being bias :p

Right?

Anyway I agree with you Nathan, there should not be a certain way to hold any phone.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Apple products get hugely scrutinized and issues are often over exaggerated by the media. My Smartphone battery (Samsung) has terrible battery life, but this doesn't make front page news on technology websites.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Tomo172 said:
Apple products get hugely scrutinized and issues are often over exaggerated by the media. My Smartphone battery (Samsung) has terrible battery life, but this doesn't make front page news on technology websites.

Exactly :)

Although pretty much all Smart Phones have shocking battery life.. hehe :)

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Lol. Its a free forum and I live in a free country so I can be what I want to be. This is an Apple thread so if you do not like Apple products then why post? You people read a couple of articles and think that means every single product. That proves people do not understand the true meaning of the law of averages. Apple sold over 3,000,000 iPhone 4's and 4's. About less then 10,000 have had issues. So when we look at those numbers its a very low percentage. Also its not the iPhone which was the reason for a battery drain. It was IOS. So is the phone bad? Nope. Again people get your facts straight and learn a thing or two before posting. EVERY single thing made in this world has flaws. Even humans. Breast cancer kills millions of women but does it mean all women have breast cancer? No. XBOX360's were known to have the RROD but does it means everyone has issues? No. XBOX360 is actually on top of Sony and Nintendo despite the RROD issues in the past. I cannot believe how people think these days. You read one article or even 2 that someone wrote and you interpreted that is the overall truth. Heck all of you would fail as detectives is that was the case.

KIS is know to be a hog on systems. But does it mean that everyone using it will have issues? Nope.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/243242/iphone_4s_battery_life_how_does_it_compare_to_other_smartphones.html#tk.hp_new

There are 6 other phones with far worse battery life and that is before IOS 5.1 was released.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Tomo172 said:

Exactly :)

Although pretty much all Smart Phones have shocking battery life.. hehe :)

Exactly. The average smart phones battery last anywhere from 6-8 hours. If your getting that per day then that is still very good. From the time I turn my phone on the am till I leave work I still have about %30 left. Now with IOS 5.1 I will have more. Keep in mind I use my phone very heavily during the course of 1 day. According to Languy99 NIS 2012 sucks. So then why is NIS still the most top rates suite around?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Maximus said:
XBOX360's were known to have the RROD but does it means everyone has issues? No.

Very well said. Just a question what is RROD?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Maximus said:
RROD = Red Rings of Death

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems

Thanks, for that. :)

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
I agree with you Maximus :)

No one is saying Apple isn't good or anything, we were just rebutting your opinion of you saying its the #1 phone to have :)

All good and understood, we shall move on :)

Personally i beleive battery life can only get better.
The next SGS3 will come out with a 3xxx ML battery, DOUBLE what our phones have atm, although then again it will have a quad core, 1.5 gb of ram and what not.. :p

McLovin said:
Maximus said:
XBOX360's were known to have the RROD but does it means everyone has issues? No.

Very well said. Just a question what is RROD?

Why did you agree if you didn't know what RROD is? LOL :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Why did you agree if you didn't know what RROD is? LOL :D

With the whole thing that he said not just that.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
And the 'show' goes on :
iOS 5.0.1 update worsens iPhone battery woes, say users

Apple's iOS 5 update this week did not solve the quick-draining battery issues for many users, according to reports posted on the company's own support forum.

"No change for me after update," said someone identified as "SRS89" on the longest-running support thread yesterday.

"Still have the same issue," said "sam81."

Apple delivered iOS 5.0.1, which the company claimed "Fixes bugs affecting battery life," on Thursday morning.

Read more

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Wow, thanks for the info Jack! Looks like Apples losing it.

They have definately lost my business, until i see a good streak with them for a long while..

What are other peoples thoughts on them releasing a new iOS update, and it not fixing the issue and if not, making the issue WORSE!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.