Battle iPhone SE or iPhone 6s or iPad ?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi everyone, I am about to buy my first Apple product so I am struggling to decide which should I go with. Can any one of the above gadget user help me decide with the given poll of choices to select?
I currently have Nokia Lumia 730 with Windows 10 OS, but the device restarts itself without any reason. to Fix the issue I even tried replacing the sims and new Sandisk Ultra Class 10 SD card, but the issue wouldnt heal. So I am fustrated with it and decided to go for an upgrade. So what would your suggestions be my friends?
Please help me sort it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I think(I have 3 Ipads and a HTC Nexus 9)you would be best off with a iphone 6s(I got the 6 Plus and is very happy with it .It is the best phone i have had):)
I also have 6s Plus in my mind , but it seems like too big to carry in my pocket and small to use as a Reader device. So I have entitled for the above choices so I can utilize my money in right way.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
It depends what you're looking for. If you're just looking for something to browse the web comfortably on then go for the iPad.
If you're looking for an actual phone then the decision comes down to this: Do you want a 4" phone or a 4.7" phone? The 6S has the same size screen as your 730 so if you find your Lumia's screen size comfortable to use and think reducing that size considerably would be uncomfortable then go with the 6S, or if you think your Luma's screen is far too big then go with the SE.

As far as I'm aware both should be running the same iOS version but obviously the SE will have lesser performance.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Apple re-released the iPhone SE with better storage options; 64GB and 128GB. It's their classic design and suited by many for it's small form factor. But for more screen space, the iPhone 7 or 6S are good choices. Don't underestimate the iPhone SE. :)

I don't recommend any Windows phones. Period.

iPad Pro is ideal for artists and creators, but you could get an iPad Air or Mini for home entertainment use. I highly suggest the Smart Cover for iPad.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well I now thinking to go with the New iPad 32 GB will be launcing in India on April 14 and then buy Nokia 5. I guess I have made the right decision. After I thinked a lot I came to a conclusion that why should I pay just for calling feature a $300 (6s / iPad 128 GB WiFi+4G) more? With the same amount I could buy the awesome Nokia 5 or Moto G5.
Indeed I do get a bigger screen on the iPad and the Nokia too, this should also help me because i dont have any android devices until now and starting to invest on the best one's.
I don't have any plans for selling my Lumia 730 because it still runs and the only problem is the Restart issue. I guess it may be because of the SD card. So in future when I move my SD card to New Nokia then the problems with Lumia 730 would be resolved. ;)

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
My choice would be a good bang for the buck Android phone and iPad Air 2 or Windows tablet. If you don't need much apps and manage stuffs through browser, Windows Phone is a great choice because they perform better than Android. iPhone SE, 6s and 6s plus are really good choices too. 6s and SE is said to have average battery life but 6s plus has great battery life. I wouldn't recommend iPhone 6 or 6 plus though. Because they have only 1GB RAM, browser can't handle many tabs and reload all the time.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Alright friends I had to change my mind and I decided to buy iPhone SE.
Reasons:
  • I'm not a Selfie Freak.
  • I always liked small display phones with power.
  • I usually don't sell my phones often, the same reason made me to stick with Lumia 730 with Insider Updates.
  • I should ditch my Powerful desktop and use the tablet if I buy it which in turn makes me more lazy and become unproductive and always get disturbed buy more gadgets around me.
  • Its also not environmentally safe to keep or carry more than two gadgets with us.
  • Its available with 64 GB at just 27500 INR
If I had to go with a tablet, I will buy iPad in future until its really necessary. If I buy iPad now I will have to abandon or limit my laptop and desktop usage habits which I don't like. I want Apple or Android smartphone because I didn't own one in history. So I decided to go with this little beast and enjoy.:)

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
@OP I was in your shoe last year when I was convinced by my colleague that the iPhone SE is still the classic size as a phone so I took the bullet and never look back.

Having a small phone is very portable and most importantly fits into my jeans (I'm big size, lol).

I have an old Nexus 6 phone as my tablet/media viewer.

Hope this helps. :cool:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Definitely, this gave me more confidence in choosing iPhone SE.

My final doubt is that will this phone offers free upgrades of its iOS for the next years and so?
The iPhone 5S still receives the latest iOS updates, I wouldn't worry about being left behind or having incompatible hardware (ie. Snapdragon and Android N).

You can make backups of your iPhone with iTunes, but just be sure to keep using it on the same computer. Otherwise it may ask you to wipe the device.

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Definitely, this gave me more confidence in choosing iPhone SE.

My final doubt is that will this phone offers free upgrades of its iOS for the next years and so?

No problem, glad to help.

FYI, iPhone SE was release on March 2016. It's guarantee to have updates for the next few years.

You should be worried about how long can the phone last instead of the updates (Dropping of phone is a high probability), lol. :p

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Samsung S7 is quite good too. With options like SD card it can store more than an iPhone. If you already brought an iPhone please forget this post.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Samsung S7 is quite good too. With options like SD card it can store more than an iPhone. If you already brought an iPhone please forget this post.
I don't like Samsung phones for a reason. Hence I decided to go with iPhone. I have not yet purchased it because of my semester exams. If I have to choose Android phones I wouldn't invest high because paying a high price for a popular platform devices seems meaningless. You even get a get a great Android phone at half of its price!

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
From this list i would go with the iphone 6s. but im not a iphone fan at all. At the moment i am using a oneplus 3t and i realy like it (a cheap top android phone). If u ever decide do use android u can have a look at it. Or, if u want a "beast" phone, wait for the Asus AR. Dont know when it exactly will release in your country but when it is released, u will not find a better phone. It simply beats any phone in anything.. I have read some reviews and videos and it is outstanding with new technologies that no other vendor has atm and the first(maybe) phone with 8gb ram.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
With IPhone/Ipad, you are benefit with more than 2 years of maintenance and major updates unlike on Android.

In terms of reliable performance then Apple smartphones are indeed good but hefty in price unless you can pay without issues. ;)

--------------

Although for such casual yet reliable smartphone then go to Nokia Lumia and place a combination with Android Tablet. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.