Advice Request Is 360 Total Security by Qihoo good enough?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So people being arrested, because MS reported their private files is hype? Yes, it is against their TOS to store illegal files, but it only shows, that MS is monitoring everything and it even admits it but saying, it is OK, we do not share it with anyone, unlike google, which shares email content with 3rd parties, according to its TOS.
I'm not following. Can you provide a link about the innocent law-abiding citizens being arrested?

If you Agree to their ToS (that no one reads) and upload non-encrypted illegal (whatever it may be) content on their servers, is it not fair for Microsoft to police their own servers?

Microsoft have a responsibility to keep their users safe whilst using their services which may include monitoring for malicious activity - example, suspicious log-ins, to preventing a malicious downloads from OneDrive, they also probably have a system (machine is not human) in place that detects when an user uploads something illicit.

Off-Topic.

Edit: Fixed errors.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

So people being arrested, because MS reported their private files is hype?
Sorry but I am confused as well and have no idea what you are actually referring to. I want to know more about this though unless you meant to say something different.

I didn't hear of any genuine stories of things like this.

Reactions: AtlBo
D

Deleted member 65228

they also probably have a system (machine is not human) in place that detects when an user uploads something illicit
Yeah they definitely do, because if they don't then they could be sued/even charged with copyright laws if a user uploaded copyrighted material to their servers. This happened in the past with some cloud storage services. So I'd imagine they would watch for malicious content as well and use that for their security services :)

Reactions: AtlBo
F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Maybe tencent antivirus from china is much better than Qihoo, but Tencent leaves after uninstallation more files, registry writtes, services, firewall services and much more clues of his things with the files.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.