Is Auslogics Registry Defrag safe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
I had Auslogics Disk Defrag, Registry Cleaner, Browser Care and BoostSpeed, but is Registry Defrag safe ?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I never had problem with it...
but that programs cannot "speed up" your PC to the amount that you can notice.
It may reorganize some registry keys and that's all

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
It can be risky, for example, if you lose power at a critical point during the process. But it's mostly safe. More importantly, I think it's unnecessary in Win 7/8 systems. For example, scan, find that you have, say, 18% fragmentation in your registry. Reboot normally without using the defragger, and check again. I find that Windows does its grooming by itself. May be useful for XP, though.

P.S.: Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Reactions: King Alpha

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
When I used it, my computer wouldn't completely boot. I had to restore the system to before I installed Auslogics for it to work. Never use any registry cleaner other than CCleaner. Keep in mind that unused registry keys actually take up very little space, maybe <100 byte. Hundreds of registry keys probably don't even take up 10 KB. I actually have practically hundreds of thousands registry keys, yet they count less than 0.5% of the registry and take up 1 MB.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Never ever use any registry cleaner/registry defrag programs bro, it might ruin your registry and make your PC unbootable. If you really wanted to use one make sure it's ccleaner , but use it with caution.

Reactions: MalwareT

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Never ever use any registry cleaner/registry defrag programs bro, it might ruin your registry and make your PC unbootable. If you really wanted to use one make sure it's ccleaner , but use it with caution.

ill never have seen that some reg cleaners destroing the system. used some like advanced system care reg cleaner etc. Never had any problems over 2 years.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
ill never have seen that some reg cleaners destroing the system. used some like advanced system care reg cleaner etc. Never had any problems over 2 years.
Advanced SystemCare Pro is awesome, and I'm using it right now, but I'm afraid to try the registry cleaner after the fiasco with Auslogics.

Reactions: MalwareT

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
IMO, this statement is very old. Honestly these days reputed companies like iobit, auslogics, ashampoo etc., does thorough testing of their product in all versions of windows to make sure it does not break core windows functionality. I never broke my PC because of registry cleaning and defragging for the past 4-5 years. Sometimes it removes valid registry entries of third party programs(not windows), which can be fixed with simple reinstall of the program and making an exception for the registry. I can definitely feel, my system is lot snappier than without using these tools. You can call it a placebo effect but it works to me, and that is all it matters.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
IMO, this statement is very old. Honestly these days reputed companies like iobit, auslogics, ashampoo etc., does thorough testing of their product in all versions of windows to make sure it does not break core windows functionality. I never broke my PC because of registry cleaning and defragging for the past 4-5 years. Sometimes it removes valid registry entries of third party programs(not windows), which can be fixed with simple reinstall of the program and making an exception for the registry. I can definitely feel, my system is lot snappier than without using these tools. You can call it a placebo effect but it works to me, and that is all it matters.

true words.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
True, but Auslogics completely destroyed my computer, browsers wouldn't open, computer giving BSOD's, AVs not responding, sound not working, etc. If you are using a registry cleaner, don't use Auslogics! Auslogics BootSpeed actually made my computer SLOWER. Advanced SytemCare is an alternative with more features and it costs less! Wise Care is also another one. CCleaner is the one that works the best.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Well, I respect your opinion but I have a different experience with registry cleaners. I'll never forget when my PC got a BSOD after running a registry cleaner (Last year). Tried everything but it's still unbootable so I was forced to reformat my PC.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Well, I respect your opinion but I have a different experience with registry cleaners. I'll never forget when my PC got a BSOD after running a registry cleaner (Last year). Tried everything but it's still unbootable so I was forced to reformat my PC.
Similar experience, but System Restore in Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt saved me.

Jaffa_Whacka

Level 2
Verified
May 24, 2014
I have tried a few registry cleaners but always end up just sticking with Ccleaner as its safe and you can do backups. All i do is delete registry manually after i remove software. I have used Aslogics registry cleaner in the past thought along with there defrag and had no problems.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I have tried a few registry cleaners but always end up just sticking with Ccleaner as its safe and you can do backups. All i do is delete registry manually after i remove software. I have used Aslogics registry cleaner in the past thought along with there defrag and had no problems.
Then @King Mellow and I have been extremely unlucky or you have been extremely lucky:D

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
This thread is going in circles, posting exactly what everybody said earlier (including me). Just giving a heads-up so this thread doesn't get closed or get on everyone's nerves (including mine:p).

@Fantasy said it all:)

Jaffa_Whacka

Level 2
Verified
May 24, 2014
I was probs lucky because i normally break things :p This was 2 years or so ago and it was on XP. I Scan with Ccleaner only remove keys that aint part of windows so all the keys related to programs, then i delete keys left over in HKLM/Software, HKLU/Software and the wow64 folders or whatever there called. 8/9 Years ago.. my pc was infected 24/7 i killed my pc so many times with reg cleaners, i even blew up one pc changing ram sticks... god google has taught me alot lol

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I was probs lucky because i normally break things :p This was 2 years or so ago and it was on XP. I Scan with Ccleaner only remove keys that aint part of windows so all the keys related to programs, then i delete keys left over in HKLM/Software, HKLU/Software and the wow64 folders or whatever there called. 8/9 Years ago.. my pc was infected 24/7 i killed my pc so many times with reg cleaners, i even blew up one pc changing ram sticks... god google has taught me alot lol
Surprisingly I haven't blown up by PC yet...

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012

KaptainBug said it well. This is an old taboo subject that registry cleaner is dangerous. Well, I believe that is dangerous in inexperienced hands. Don't trust a program, trust yourself. If you use registry cleaner check the entries before deletion.
I repaired hundreds and hundreds of computers, and installed WiseCare Free (for example), no one ever had a problem.

Except one my friend that was installing new AMD drivers, update Windows and cleaning a registry with Advanced Registry Optimizer (in that time) at the same time justifying himself that he has a lot of RAM and can do whatever at the same time (never restarting Windows when any program asked to)... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.