Q&A Is Avira Browser Safety back?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
T

TrinitronMSDOS

No it doesn't seem so, as this address redirects to the Avira Safe Shopping extension, which is the new name of Avira Browser Safety if i'm not mistaken. It does the same job as a web blocker, but also redirects you to "safe shopping sites". And by that it means when shopping Avira will propose to redirect you to affiliate websites to make some extra cash. Something i really don't like in a security company...

Apr 24, 2016
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Microsoft
The old Avira Browser Safety used Mixpanel for analytics (got blocked by Emsisoft Anti-Malware) and that is also something I don't like to see in a security addon.

Apr 2, 2016
Operating System
Windows 10
No it doesn't seem so, as this address redirects to the Avira Safe Shopping extension, which is the new name of Avira Browser Safety if i'm not mistaken. It does the same job as a web blocker, but also redirects you to "safe shopping sites". And by that it means when shopping Avira will propose to redirect you to affiliate websites to make some extra cash. Something i really don't like in a security company...
i needed to ask because in waterfox it appears Avira Browser Safety! But i believe that's the same...

HarborFront

Level 36
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Not using it.

I have uBlock Origin, Tunnelbear Blocker, ScriptSafe, Webroot Filtering Extension and ESET NOD32 as well.....enough!! :)