kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I haven't tried it, but my experience with that kind of cleaners says that you only need Ccleaner and a good uninstaller such as Geek Uninstaller or Revo. Mostly all of these things (this and AVG PcTuneup for example) are just mainly adware in my opinion and are sometimes hard to remove. Not to speak about that it will effectively make your pc faster, because I have lot's of questions about that. Often it slows down your pc even more.:) If you want a better boot time for example, you don't need these things. Just clean your temp files with Ccleaner and check out unimportant starting processes with msconfig or sysinternals autoruns, or just update your hardware.

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
I actually like Baidu PC Faster unlike many optimizers and cleaners i tried before, I never had any problems with it. The cleaner catches a lot of junk, the speedup suggests some good and harmless optimizations and the registery cleaning is safe. The downsides for me are that it works in the background even when you exit the program and tell it not to autorun at startup, you need to understand that Baidu PC Faster has realtime protection and i honestly don't even know if it's compatiable with other antiviruses, that's also my reasoning for removing it. :(

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
. Often it slows down your pc even more.:)

you need to understand that Baidu PC Faster has realtime protection and i honestly don't even know if it's compatiable with other antiviruses, that's also my reasoning for removing it. :(

It's good, I use Wise Disk & Registry Cleaner.

Thanks :), I'm using Wisecare and sometimes Ccleaner now, but I want complement it with other good software

L

LabZero

Thread author
It looks like a good software but I think there is another point.

Baidu seems to have embarked on a new internationalization policy, ok, but we can trust or is there still a risk to entrust our computers and our personal data to this company?

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014

Baidu seems to have embarked on a new internationalization policy but we can trust or is there still a risk to entrust our computers and our personal data to this company?
Thats another reason why I would not use it. Like Qihoo, I also don't trust Baidu that much. It might be good at cleaning though, but there are other (maybe even better) alternatives to this that are possibly not that obtrusive. Maybe worth a try, but personally I would never use this as I said earlier.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author

Baidu seems to have embarked on a new internationalization policy but we can trust or is there still a risk to entrust our computers and our personal data to this company?

Another good point my friend, another good point :)

Reactions: frogboy and LabZero
L

LabZero

Thread author
Thats another reason why I would not use it. Like Qihoo, I also don't trust Baidu that mucht. It might be good at cleaning though, but there are other (maybe even better) alternatives to this that are possibly not that obtrusive. Maybe worth a try, but personally I would never use this as I said earlier.
Agreed :)

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
CCleaner is good enough, unlike the other cleaners that also include junkware/bloatware of features that not many people use, CCleaner does not, it just gives you a nice cleaner, stable and good interface.

From what I can see on Baidu's website it has a lot of other features, some I might even consider a vulnerability, eg wifi hotspot. Turning your computer into a wifi hotspot not only compromises your security if not properly configured, it also encourages attackers because you are basically holding out bait and saying "please try".

Also like the others have said, how much do you trust Baidu to be in your computer, clean up, optimize and make your PC somewhat smoother for absolutely $0. The only way they are earning from this is ads and selling data to other third parties, and for Baidu their third parties are not very broad in range because they are based in China. Another thing I would like to point out on why I don't like Baidu was because of the recent incident where their search engine was the cause of a very large DDoS on Github, according to them they were unaware of it happening however it took them wayyyyy too long to solve the problem for such a big company. If the DDoS was directed at the Chinese government I'm absolutely sure that the DDoS issue would have been solved in a day if not less.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
CCleaner is good enough, unlike the other cleaners that also include junkware/bloatware of features that not many people use, CCleaner does not, it just gives you a nice cleaner, stable and good interface.

From what I can see on Baidu's website it has a lot of other features, some I might even consider a vulnerability, eg wifi hotspot. Turning your computer into a wifi hotspot not only compromises your security if not properly configured, it also encourages attackers because you are basically holding out bait and saying "please try".

Also like the others have said, how much do you trust Baidu to be in your computer, clean up, optimize and make your PC somewhat smoother for absolutely $0. The only way they are earning from this is ads and selling data to other third parties, and for Baidu their third parties are not very broad in range because they are based in China. Another thing I would like to point out on why I don't like Baidu was because of the recent incident where their search engine was the cause of a very large DDoS on Github, according to them they were unaware of it happening however it took them wayyyyy too long to solve the problem for such a big company. If the DDoS was directed at the Chinese government I'm absolutely sure that the DDoS issue would have been solved in a day if not less.
Nice post. That sums up completely what I also thought

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Baidu PC faster it's great, but normally, I don't recommend it for general usage, only in some cases .

From baidu, this product looks better and less bloated:
Baidu Cleaner
Baidu Cleaner | Ultra-clean cloud technology for PC

I have checked out your post and can confirm that their cleaner (the one you linked) and their PC faster product (the one being debated here) are two separate products.

If you check out the links they have two different version numbers, and I have also taken the liberty of downloading the files and can confirm that they have two different installers :p

Their cleaner looks a lot less bloated but unfortunately it's still in beta :D

Cleaner:Baidu Cleaner | Ultra-clean cloud technology for PC

PC faster:Baidu PC Faster | We Make PC Faster

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Typically I trust whatever MajorGeeks puts up on their site however this one I'd advise sticking away from. I have very little trust for Baidu (not because it's Chinese) but is it reliable? Probably. However if I want a deep clean, I'll use Bleachbit on both Windows and Linux. For regular every day cleaning, I recommend Wise Care or CCleaner.

I use Windows Cleanmgr for cleaning up update data that isn't needed. I know Wise Care has this feature but it seems best to let a built in feature do the job so no problems occur. They both do it at the same speed.

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
some I might even consider a vulnerability, eg wifi hotspot.
Their cleaner looks a lot less bloated but unfortunately it's still in beta :D
From baidu, this product looks better and less bloated: Baidu Cleaner
I honestly wouldn't even call it bloat, the wifi hotspot and all of that stuff isn't actually downloaded until you click on their little icons and only then the program will download and install it for you. Besides, I really like the PC Faster interface I think it's very pretty. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Sr. Normal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.