Advice Request Is BeyondSync malware?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
I ordered BeyondSync and when I installing F-Secure IS and Zemana Antimalware Pro warns of malicious program.
Is it a false warning or is my PC infected?

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Have you uploaded it to VirusTotal? Due to the lack of explanation I cannot help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nastavnikhe

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You bought software online, without checking it's reviews?
It looks legitimate, but have you contacted F-Secure or Zemana to verify it's in fact a FP? Or check with VirusTotal results?

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
You bought software online, without checking it's reviews?
It looks legitimate, but have you contacted F-Secure or Zemana to verify it's in fact a FP? Or check with VirusTotal results?

I contacted F-Secure and Zemana support and wait for answer.

Reactions: DardiM

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Thank you for contacting F-Secure.

Kindly follow these steps to submit the file from BeyondSync so that we can examine it;

Step 1: Please visit the link below;
Submit A Sample | F-Secure Labs

Step 2: Click on File Sample and select the file by clicking on Browse

Step 3: Tick the box that says : " I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results "

Step 4: Enter your contact details (Name and email)

Step 5: Choose the Sample type as Malicious file

Step 7: Enter the problem details (Subject and description)

Step 8: Enter the verification code and click on Submit Sample file.

Once we receive the file we will proceed to examine it.

We will notify you once we have an update.

Technical Support Engineer
F-Secure Corporation

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your submission.

The file you submitted is indeed clean.
A database update will be released to resolve this issue.The false positive you experienced is caused by our proactive detection engine. In case you got an alert popup for a clean application, you might want to allow its execution manually.
If you are getting the "Suspicious:W32/Malware!Gemini" alert during the manual system scan or from the VirusTotal website, you might want to disable the Advanced Heuristics feature. And if certain applications are crashing or you are unable to start those applications, you might want to disable the Advanced Process Monitoring feature.

Additional information and instructions for tuning up the heuristic scanning engine can be found here:
Suspicious:W32/Malware!Gemini Description | F-Secure Labs

We apologize for any inconveniences that this false positive may have brought you. Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards
Malware Analyst
F-Secure Security Labs

Reactions: DardiM
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.