Battle Is Google Chrome Browser That Good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I am thinking of downloading Google Chrome. I would like user input before I do. It says it protects you from Malware/Phishing/Drive by downloads etc.... How really good is it at this & have you ever been saved from this stuff or is it just hype? Have you ever been infected by using this Browser? Thanks! marg

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Torch is fake browser (trojan). I dont recommend it, unless you want to infect your operating system.
It depends on which Torch browser you are talking about, the official version is open-source and is safe to use.
There are fake version available that include malware also fake versions of Baidu Spark with malware.

Enjoy!! :D

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
I totally disagree.

Google's SafeBrowsing is one of the most effective at blocking malicious and phishing sites, from my experience.

View attachment 14165

Malware and Phishing protection is enabled by default. It also blocks known malicious download, similar to SmartScreen Filter in IE.

From my experience over at Malware Hub, Google Chrome's safe browsing catches phishing sites better than IE smart screen does - at least Google puts the signatures in faster than Microsoft does. Like some other posters above have written, IE is quite buggy, lots of "Internet Explorer has stopped working" messages.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Google Chrome is, again, my main browser. I ditched Pale Moon (Intel Atom-optimized).
Google Chrome, at least to me, is less laggy than Pale Moon. Pale Moon usually rendered pages faster than Chrome but after some time the browser would lag and freeze just like Firefox and Cyberfox.

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
Torch is fake browser (trojan). I dont recommend it, unless you want to infect your operating system.
how could you say that ? please prove it if torch is trojan
think.gif

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013

Nope. not on my end. I used it way back 2012 when Chrome won't run on my system. Never had an infection back then. I'm more of an FF and SRWare Iron user.

l1nuxfre4k

Level 2
Verified
Apr 20, 2014
Not a sole mention of Comodo Dragon,this is my replacement for Chrome.And a little bit of paranoia,as it's always sandboxed.;):)
hehe, Comodo is less safe then Google Chrome :p

Damn there are lot of paranoid people here haha :D, Google spying on you?
Ok who cares? what are you afraid of them finding out about you?
Only reason to care would be if you are an criminal or if some goverment is after you i would say :p

Reactions: Oxygen

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Haha: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...I39m-Watching-You-T-shirt/productID.291425000
Apparently "I'm spying on you" and "Keep Calm While We Steal Your Data" are what google is doing.

Only reason to care would be if you are an criminal or if some goverment is after you i would say :p

I wouldn't be happy if some advertising company knew every website you were browsing, every app you were using, etc.

Reactions: Koroke San
D

Deleted member 178

some here has a double life :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
i think so :D

- chrome is the first to fix vulnerabilities, then the others follows weeks afters
- chrome has sandboxed flashplayer, the others not.

- dragon just add some privacy stuff, you can get the same with some chrome addons
- dragon use Comodo DNS, i can get this too for Chrome
Sometimes Comodo Dragon falls several months behind on critical vulnerability patches.
I remember a few times over 7 months behind fixing vulnerabilities and for privacy wise Comodo Dragon collects user data with no opt-outs and send it to home. I don't know if any extensions can block that but plenty can block Google tracking.

Enjoy!! :D

I

illumination

Comodo Dragon is severely behind, and lacking security patches of the Chromium base, it is full of vulnerabilities..

For those concerned with privacy from Google, and are using firefox, or other Chromium browser's, you should really look inside your browser, chances are you will still find Google attached in one way or another...

Firefox for example, type "about:config" then list how many times you see "Google" in your none Google browser ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 178
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.