Is iolo System Mechanic Pro any good ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

koushik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2013
As you all ( well .. most of you :p ) know , softpedia is organizing a giveaway tomorrow and there are unlimited licenses up for grab ( http://news.softpedia.com/news/East...d-Giveaway-Campaign-by-Softpedia-438043.shtml ) ... As far as I know , there will also be giveaway for iolo System Mechanic Pro :) So , if anyone in malwaretips.com uses iolo System Mechanic Pro , please let me know if it is worth a try or not .. right now I'm using Advanced System Care Pro. :D I've always wanted to try iolo System Mechanic Pro but never could due to its hefty price tag. :( Is is worth a try or should I just pass on the opportunity .. Need your help deciding :) :rolleyes: So please help me with your views :D Thanking you all in advance ;)

Reactions: MalwareDetective

koushik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2013
^^ ohh !! ty for your reply :) but which one makes your system more efficient and faster ??

Reactions: Nico@FMA

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Actually performance programs do have their uses if you have a full system with LOTS of old files and temp files and both can improve your system however ASCP does it better and is more easy to use. But on a already clean system the gains are so small that it actually hurts your performance.

koushik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2013
Actually performance programs do have their uses if you have a full system with LOTS of old files and temp files and both can improve your system however ASCP does it better and is more easy to use. But on a already clean system the gains are so small that it actually hurts your performance.

okk !! ty :) guess I'll stick to ASCP :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I don't think I've seen anyone recommend iolo products..

If you use free, on-demand system maintenance software they won't be "heavy" and will give you your CPU and RAM back once terminated.

I tried Advanced SystemCare 7 Free on the VM, didn't seem too bad for use, but generally I prefer on-demand tools like CCleaner for maintenance tasks.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Iolo System Mechanic is a good program, it has a lot of tools and a lot of opportunities but for me it too much penetrates into the system it's a program for professionals and therefore do not use it, some time ago I had it and went back to Glary Utilites because it's simpler to use and less complicated, but it is my opinion the decision is yours.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Terry Ganzi and Ink

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
This is good if you know how to use it. If you do not know, does not make sense to install it. Of course is suitable only for those, who are experienced computer users. Beginners do not do anything with it. They may only condemn it and say how bad it is. It's really for advanced users.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
You know what kills me on this forum,why will you trust iobit on a pc when it comes packed with pup's,pua's & hidden agendas, i don't use iolo system mechanic on my pc at the moment but i use to & i can say it is uh dam good program,when someone can recommend ASCP over SM then something is sincerely wrong,leaving me puzzled.

When u use these programs make sure to have TwinHeadedEagle at your service.Lol

Last edited:

toffee

Level 6
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
I can recommend Wise Care 365. There is a giveaway for Pro version for 6 months Here or you can use even free version.
It is simple, light, comfortable and does what should do. ;)

Reactions: JakeXPMan

dwdraw2

Apr 19, 2014
I used "System Mechanic" a little over a year ago. But the problem I kept encountering was that a program would not open or not function right. This did not happen all at once but spread out over a period of time. When I discontinued using the 'System Mechanic" I haven't had these problems with my programs, which I had to reinstall to get them to function normally.

I have been using "CCleaner" until about 7 months ago, which I switched over to "Privazer." Privazer has been my go-to for system clean-up for the past 7 months. I use the "Donor" version which they constantly update. It cleans deeper than CCleaner and faster. Up on the top left hand corner, you will see it set for the "Basic version." But, if you click on it, it turns into the "Advanced version" with more controls. You also have various security wipes to choose from, a few more than CCleaner.

Since using "Privazer," I have had no operating problems with my programs like I had with " System Mechanic." Both, CCleaner and Privazer, are great cleaning programs, but Privazer is a little better and faster.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I used "System Mechanic" a little over a year ago. But the problem I kept encountering was that a program would not open or not function right. This did not happen all at once but spread out over a period of time. When I discontinued using the 'System Mechanic" I haven't had these problems with my programs, which I had to reinstall to get them to function normally.

I have been using "CCleaner" until about 7 months ago, which I switched over to "Privazer." Privazer has my go-to for system clean-up for the past 7 months. I use the "Donor" version which they constantly update. It cleans deeper than CCleaner and faster. Up on the top left hand corner, you will see it set for the "Basic version." But, if you click on it, it turns into the "Advanced version" with more controls. You also have various security wipes to choose from, a few more than CCleaner.

Since using "Privazer," I have had no operating problems with my programs like I had with " System Mechanic." Both, CCleaner and Privazer, are great cleaning programs, but Privazer is a little better and faster.

System Mechanic,different pc's different reactions, but it is still a dam good program.CCleaner & Privazer are more simpler,they also are very good programs the choice is what works for you.(it is what it is)

Reactions: Venustus

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014

Very nice guide.
However some of the bundled installers, do install their products anyway as accept or decline does not always work.
Some of the more nasty installers these options are just cosmetic, and when you are looking in your hidden appdata map you will see them being installed anyway.
Personally i would say if a program comes with a bundled installer: DELETE, NOT DOWNLOAD, NOT INSTALL IT.
Saves you selecting 500 screens before you install a probably mediocre file at best.
I regard bundled installers, Spy/Ad/and BS ware.
But thats me.

Anyway very great guide, well written and one that should receive the credit it deserves.
Your Mouse click matters (Approved & validated by staff)
2: Anti-malware myths & facts (Approved & validated by staff)
3: Basic Computer Security Essentials (General good advise)
n.nvt, Dec 22, 2013

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Iolo System Mechanic is a very good program, by far better than ASC. If you are an experienced windows user SM gives you lots of tools to benefit from, but even if you are not its default settings will work just fine.
If you need something more than CCleaner, SM is (at least mine) first choice. One more advice... stick to one system optimizer suite and learn it's features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.