Advice Request Is iProVPN still operating?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Hi MT's.
Is iProVPN still operating?
Asking as I reported to stacksocial that I cannot login via web dashboard and no servers in their iphone app will connect. It's been this way for months.
StackSocial keep sending me an automated message every few days that my "issue" is still under investigation. its been 2 weeks now.
C.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Their iOS app hasn't been updated in well over a year, and their android app no longer exists. Doesn't bode well.
Have you tried contacting iProVPN themselves? Live chat's avaliable on their website. If that doesn't work, try dropping them an email. If you don't get a response within a week, I'd assume they're no longer operating.
Thanks for the info. I'm not concerned about a refund, I just wanted to know why StackSocial et alia still sell it.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Wo
Thanks for the info. I'm not concerned about a refund, I just wanted to know why StackSocial et alia still sell it.

iProVpn is very much operational. I tested its proxy chrome extension just now.
Are you able to log in to your dashboard? I want to go there to generate ovpn files for routers etc.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Wo

Are you able to log in to your dashboard? I want to go there to generate ovpn files for routers etc.
Can you also confirm that it's using an vpn protocol and not just a simple https proxy? I can set the protocol to udp or tcp and get the app to connect but i want to use IKEv2 or IPsec which don't seem to work for me.

Reactions: Sorrento

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
I'm starting to think my iPro account has an issue as the windows app crashes for me.

• Wow
Reactions: Sorrento

Slerion

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Stacksocial isn't nice as a merchant.
like the keepsolid VPN unlimited is advertised on stack social without limits on the lifetime contract.
the reality is in the tos it's listed that they throttle the speed heavily after 900GB per month.
literarily false Advertising but whatever they don't care.
I showed them this description issue 4 months ago and it isn't fixed.

everything you see on there you need to research yourself.

So it could be your acc was limited or banned for some reason or just an issue on your end.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Stacksocial isn't nice as a merchant.
like the keepsolid VPN unlimited is advertised on stack social without limits on the lifetime contract.
the reality is in the tos it's listed that they throttle the speed heavily after 900GB per month.
literarily false Advertising but whatever they don't care.
I showed them this description issue 4 months ago and it isn't fixed.

everything you see on there you need to research yourself.

So it could be your acc was limited or banned for some reason or just an issue on your end.
Thanks for the heads up re:stacksocial. With iProVPN, I can make an IPsec vpn connection using the iPhone app, but I just can't log in to the dashboard.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.