Solved Is it needed to have PeerBlock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
I've been using PeerBlock for a very long time and since then never received any ISP piracy warnings. To minimize unnecessary IP blocking for p2p services in PeerBlock go to List Manager and select only P2P list.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
It seems Tixati handles blocklists better than uTorrent. uTorrent has a .dat file that's taken from the generic list/s on iBlockList, while Tixati can include lists from the iBlockList website via manual entry.

I believe using PeerBlock with torrents is a must, especially if you are known to frequent public trackers; private ones not so much. The amount of crap that spews onto the PeerBlock screen when public trackers are connecting and post-connect is unbelievable.

I don't torrent anymore, but I do use IE11. PeerBlock is a good combo with IE11 as well.

It isn't good enough to just set encryption to enabled/forced, or to even modify the DNS entries to secretive ones. A VPN is needed; more so, one that explicitly mentions in their T & C and Privacy Policy that they won't rat out users to Law Enforcement Officers if the Feds come a-knocking. The last thing one wants it to pay for a service, just to find out they will willingly turn their customer base over to The Badge.

...just like post #21, “ If your VPN provider retains logs and turns over user data to law enforcement, what is the point?”... people, the P stands for Private, not Public :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.