XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I tried the link for AppGuard 4, and it's not working anymore. It's either taken down or just changed link. Probably, it's finally taken down.

@Lockdown said in the past that he was advocating for the link's removal. After all, the 4th version is E-O-L.

AppGuard 5 has no "trial", but I think you can "try" it after paying. :D

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
I tried the link for AppGuard 4, and it's not working anymore. It's either taken down or just changed link. Probably, it's finally taken down.

@Lockdown said in the past that he was advocating for the link's removal. After all, the 4th version is E-O-L.

AppGuard 5 has no "trial", but I think you can "try" it after paying. :D
Yeah but it costs like 52,6€ and doesn't state that you can get the money back after trying. Also I don't really plan to purchase it.

/steel9

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Most likely only security program I would use on my system if it was more "accesible" for home users/available trial option. Asked 2 years for any discount like a tard with no success, but eventually I get over it, home users just aren't first priority and I totally understand it. Moving on. :confused::)

Most likely only security program I would use on my system if it was more "accesible" for home users/available trial option. Asked 2 years for any discount like a tard with no success, but eventually I get over it, home users just aren't first priority and I totally understand it. Moving on. :confused::)

The product was made available for purchase to the general public, but technically the company never has pursued home users. The company focus has always been the enterprise and government markets. This fact is an understandable source of confusion to consumers that are accustomed to other software publishers that cater to the home user market.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I wonder why your company doesn't allow to use a trial before buying. Most antivirus and PC soft companies offer to download a trial to evaluate a product
People who will buy AppGuard are assumed to be at least knowledgeable about Windows internal workings and/or SRP.

If AppGuard is easily accessible to all via trial, then those who assume that AppGuard works just like a regular anti-executable or anti-malware will definitely open support tickets. Given the small team operating in the company, giving support will be impractical. :)

So, I understand, at least partially, why they don't offer a trial version.

Overall, though, it frustrates me personally that AppGuard, as great as it is, has no trial version. :ROFLMAO:

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
People who will buy AppGuard are assumed to be at least knowledgeable about Windows internal workings and/or SRP.

If AppGuard is open to all, then those who assume that AppGuard works just like a regular anti-executable or anti-malware will definitely open support tickets. Given the small team operating in the company, giving support will be impractical. :)

Overall, though, it frustrates me personally that AppGuard, as great as it is, has no trial version. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, but can't they require you to sign in/provide order ID/license key or something to be able to contact support? Then this issue wouldn't exist.

/steel9

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Yeah, but can't they require you to sign in/provide order ID/license key or something to be able to contact support? Then this issue wouldn't exist.

/steel9
I'm not sure if the issue would cease to exist.

At the end of the day, a corporation has its own reasons that home users can't fathom. :)

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015

If AppGuard is easily accessible to all via trial, then those who assume that AppGuard works just like a regular anti-executable or anti-malware will definitely open support tickets. Given the small team operating in the company, giving support will be impractical. :)

I would bet that is more of the reason then you realize.

But I think they are stingy.

The policies are aligned with the enterprise and government sector practices.

Making a product available for purchase on a website (AppGuard Personal, for home users) is different than actually pursuing market share in the consumer market. Traditional antivirus publishers pursue the consumer market very heavily and that is the reason for their sales practices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.