Is it possible to try AppGuard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
The dev explained very well the reasons, I don't think there is more to add.
Other vendors have same policy, if we need to use their software we go through proper channels.
With AppGuard we did that way.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
The companies that you mentioned though are huge and can easily afford the overhead of a few more users. Appguard team is not so big so they are not easily comparable. I am not saying i like it but i understand where they are coming from.

I thought a Japanese company bought Appguard out? Aren't they going to through any resources into it?

Yes, I understand that and I have full respect for their decisions that they make. It just that the support logic and such that doesn't add up to me. Some of the other enterprise products that anyone can try can be just as dangerous as Appguard.

Kaspersky and Symantec offer traditional trials for all their antivirus products.

Other companies, such as Bromium, Sophos, FireEye, etc, do not offer trials. Not offering trials is an accepted, widely-established sales model. Instead, demos are offered once the customer is screened.

The company is not going to cater to home users.

AppGuard is not dangerous nor are any other enterprise products.

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
Not for the home user version. It has been discontinued. The decision to discontinue it was made by the new management team.

No problem it is overkill for me anyway. I just think it was unethical for the company to keep selling home versions including my lifetime verson knowing full well they were going to stop lifetime and now even the home version entirley. In the not to distant future, these threads will only have a hand full fo posts by buisness users.

No problem it is overkill for me anyway. I just think it was unethical for the company to keep selling home versions including my lifetime verson knowing full well they were going to stop lifetime and now even the home version entirley. In the not to distant future, these threads will only have a hand full fo posts by buisness users.

Things change.

There will be no AppGuard Business support here on the forums. I mean it is highly unlikely that business license purchasers will visit the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: XhenEd

There will be a handful of 'ordinary' users that will fork out $70 for an annual business license. :)

What I observe on these forums are people wanting\expecting "free" or a 10-device license for $5.

For some I understand that they live in parts of the world where the monetary exchange rate is absolutely atrocious. In those particular cases I empathize with the person.

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
What I observe on these forums are people wanting\expecting "free" or a 10-device license for $5.
Or probably expecting people to pay money just to 'try' the software in their own system and see if they actually want what it offers, just because a company is worried about piracy?

Or probably expecting people to pay money just to 'try' the software in their own system and see if they actually want what it offers, just because a company is worried about piracy?

As I have stated numerous times on this thread, the company has never pursued the consumer (home user) market. The product was only made available on a website for those that wanted to purchase it. The elimination of the 30-day trial was both a common sense and business decision.

Anyway, it is a moot point given the fact that the Personal version sales have been discontinued.

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015

that is silly logic. When Appguard came out and for years to follow, they had now idea what they were going to do. My lifetime licenses are still good for version 4

that's cool, but Appguard is different

What he is asking is why AppGuard is not sold like some antivirus\internet security suites from the big names that give a 30-day trial.

The big name antivirus companies, that is their policies based upon their own sales model. Not all enterprise security soft publishers offer 30-day trials. In fact most do not offer any trial. Instead they provide a demo after the potential client has been screened. There are minimum requirements to be eligible for a demo. That is standard industry practice among such firms as Bromium, Bufferzone, FireEye, Cisco, etc - and not 30-day trials.

30-day trials are not offered and there are no plans to implement them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.