conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Thanks for posting this link. I hope some of MalwareTips' experts will comment on this article, especially the Dutch fellow Nico@FMA.

I heard that Kaspersky recently publicized some malware or hacking as originating in Russia.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
If you want privacy, just get a room! :D
And remember there's no guarantees either. :rolleyes: Sometimes walls have ears.

I used to worry more about privacy when I had more to hide. But you cannot hide everything from everyone all the time. And you cannot hide anything from yourself. If you have to hide something from someone you love, it usually is not a good thing.

On the internet, everything is recorded somewhere where someone can access it. Privacy has never been 100% and will never be, unless you don't believe in viruses and bacteria. :p

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Just to add on, insiders in Kaspersky have mentioned that while Kaspersky readily releases reports on the activities of foreign spy agencies, there were internal debates and delays before they publicly released the report on Red October (suspected Russian spy effort).

I wouldn't say trusting Kaspersky is a problem though. If you don't trust russian products, you can't trust US or UK products too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.