Is Mozilla's Firefox 5 a More Stable Browser Than Its Predecessor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
This week's release of the Firefox 5 browser came shockingly fast for Mozilla. Firefox 4 came out of beta barely 3 months ago--the previous numbered release, Firefox 3, was released way back in 2008.

A quick look at the features and improvements in Firefox 5 however reveals what the Mozilla foundation did to accomplish the fast release: There are some significant upgrades under the hood, but this is really more of a 4.1 release than a full new version of the browser.

However, the big news is that the release of Firefox 5 may finally solve the stability issues users have complained about since the beta builds of Firefox 4. When the Mozilla foundation released the last major overhaul of Firefox back in March, it was a huge step forward for the browser. The update brought with it a host of new features like improved tab navigation and the ability to sync bookmarks across multiple computers.

read more

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Firefox 5 was a released with a lots of bugs were fixed even the security hole in FF4 was also fixed.

But admit there is a crash in FF5 as crash reporter popup but I didn't bother as long the tabs were back.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
I have been using Firefox4 since the time it was on Beta. Have not had
any issues ever since. I recommend to everybody that's using Firefox, to
upgrade now. I can not see any good reason not to do so.

Bo

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
I am using 5.0 and noticed alot of lag, i have been using it sense it first released tho. And i have seen many improvements. I might try the Firefox Nightly sometimes soon tho :)

G

Guest28

For me Firefox has completely changed if anything it feels faster and lighter. It's a big change over 4.0 that's for sure.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
ryan said:
For me Firefox has completely changed if anything it feels faster and lighter. It's a big change over 4.0 that's for sure.

thx ryan, for info about it
for make sure about it.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here are all the bugs fixed with FF 5,so yes FF 5 is more stable than FF 4 ever was and lets not forget that Mozilla announced that they've won't support version 4 and everyone should upgrade a.s.p to FF 5.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Jack said:
Here are all the bugs fixed with FF 5,so yes FF 5 is more stable than FF 4 ever was and lets not forget that Mozilla announced that they've won't support version 4 and everyone should upgrade a.s.p to FF 5.

I will just wait until avast webrep will be compatible with FF5:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.