Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I use Firefox and I have:
Self Destructing Cookies, Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere, Adguard Open Beta, and NoScript. Does NoScript pose any difference in the security addon section?

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
i think HTTPS Everywhere is doing similar but not same because both are different in working pattern some pro and cons are there for the both, if you like it better use either one to avoid conflict internally which i think very advance knowledge can handle it i think. :)

ps: i am big fan of noscript for long time and it saved me lot of time when i am not using sandboxie.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Remember when there were no trackers, cookies, and 10+ websites crammed into one? That was the best web age! Noscript + Disconnect/Ghostery brings back the feeling.

Reactions: Cowpipe and kmr1684

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
For an average user, it is overkill in general (most people will have a differing opinion on this). The risks of malicious Javascript in modern browsers are fairly overrated (though not non-existent). If you are extra concerned about privacy though then it's a must ;)

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
For some reason, I think NoScript is like a mega-suite including a script blocker, ad blocker, cookie blocker, etc.

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
10+ websites crammed into one?

this is one i am try to explain, sorry previous i did it in wrong way, when your using noscript then only you came to know just for loading one website, how many websites are loading along together, really needed and its funny too. now a days each and every website i am visiting i can see facebook or related to facebook website is loading with every website great. :mad::mad::mad:

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
10+ websites crammed into one?

this is one i am try to explain, sorry previous i did it in wrong way, when your using noscript then only you came to know just for loading one website, how many websites are loading along together, really needed and its funny too. now a days each and every website i am visiting i can see facebook or related to facebook website is loading with every website great. :mad::mad::mad:
I kinda don't get how you are wording this message. Are you complimenting me :), Criticizing Me :(, or asking a question?

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
Remember when there were no trackers, cookies, and 10+ websites crammed into one? That was the best web age! Noscript + Disconnect/Ghostery brings back the feeling.

I kinda don't get how you are wording this message. Are you complimenting me :), Criticizing Me :(, or asking a question?
:eek:
sorry i did not posted it for you, i just taken a sentence from you post and try to answer to the original poster that's all. i never thought you will read it and understood it in different way, i will say it in simple words that message was not intended for you, it only noted for thread started person, i am try add more what you had said, nothing more. :D:D:D

ps: sorry you are the thread starter, anyway i try to explain what you will see when you try noscript that's all, other than that i am not try to explain anything. :)

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
:eek:
sorry i did not posted it for you, i just taken a sentence from you post and try to answer to the original poster that's all. i never thought you will read it and understood it in different way, i will say it in simple words that message was not intended for you, it only noted for thread started person, i am try add more what you had said, nothing more. :D:D:D
Oh.
Please, everybody, follow on-topic now :)

I

illumination

Noscript is a powerful, excellent tool to have on board. Many of todays browser exploits and vulnerabilities can be thwarted using noscript. Of course this would mean learning to use it correctly.. I have been using Noscript for a very long time, and do not surf without it.

Reactions: Cowpipe

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The day I stopped using NoScript, was the day I switch to Google Chrome about 4 years ago. Never really understood why I did use NS, but I did manage to use it, blocking unwanted scripts from common websites.

I suppose it could be effective today, but I'm not sure by how much. And only if you use Firefox, he alternates on other browsers aren't that great.

Reactions: Oxygen and Cowpipe

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I used Noscript a long time ago. Its good & does the job but, is a pain in the biscuit to use whitelisting stuff all the time IMO.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Pretty useless extension if you ask me... I don't have time to set it up on every site I visit.

Reactions: marg

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
NoScript was a good idea but it takes way too long to get it setup and it continues to cause problems with other extensions.
I still have it installed but disabled most of the time unless I need it to view a known page.
If it came with a default safe list it and block list would be much easier to setup.
Having to setup everything from scratch isn't for most users.

Enjoy!! :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Found this on Wikipedia, could be overkill. ;)
NoScript's default behavior is to block all scripts that are not whitelisted. This may prevent a large number of sites from automatically working due to their reliance on JavaScript technologies such as Ajax. Users may find this behavior overkill, unnecessary, or tedious despite the additional security.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoScript#Criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.