Advice Request Is Panda Antivirus good in 2023?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

MegenM

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 8, 2020
I have been researching the best antivirus programs and I see Panda listed here and there.
Checked some reviews from top sites. Some say it is expensive, others say that other popular brands offer better protection and features.
Would like to know user comments.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
For me, Panda is the worst antivirus out there. I think it's even worse than Norton.(n)
It's incredible how Norton continues to carry that bad reputation that he got in the past, even comparing it to Panda today, although being nowadays top notch solution in terms of protection and lightness.

Talking about panda, it's also very light on system, but test results says it doesn't deliver as good protection as other well known brands.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It had a rather good reputation until about 10 years ago. I assume you are considering including the reputation from that time. I have the impression that it stalled after the dome was caged.
Along with spybot and others, Panda is old enough to even be nostalgic before it was good or bad.

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Everything about Panda is very outdated, even the help files have not changed since the millennia.
If you attempt to search around their blog or the web for anything new, you will see that the last post was ages ago regarding anti-exploit feature.

There is nothing new documented after.

They do offer support through AnyTech 365 with the highest tier plan - it is generally ok.
I had to contact them to uninstall Antivirus for Mac, as they didn’t include uninstallation options anywhere - everyone has it somewhere in the top bar menu but for Panda a third party tool was needed.
Support helped me, but I had to contact them 3-4 times, they promised to call but didn’t.

On Windows since they dumped Visicom Media Anti-Phishing (that was maaany years ago) their web protection is almost non-existent and that can be confirmed by many tests/reviews.

Installation/Uninstallation on Windows are frequently very problematic too and the forum looks like something from the past - many of the threads are 10 years +.

WatchGuard (business portfolio) is not any better, so from business environments I’ve kicked it out and replaced it with Deep Instinct.

It’s sad to see that WatchGuard didn’t really invest anything into this product… It used to be good…

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I have been researching the best antivirus programs and I see Panda listed here and there.
Checked some reviews from top sites. Some say it is expensive, others say that other popular brands offer better protection and features.
Would like to know user comments.
I like to see when people do their own deeper re-search, it's what we in the Malware Hub also recommend in our disclaimer.

Latest thorough test in the Hub is from 2021:

The results speaks for itself. Even my own small test from 2022, shows a less encouraging result.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.