Is Periodic scanning safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

viel

Thread author
Hi,
Should I use periodic scanning with Avast on max hardened settings? Will they conflict? Avast is on high heuristic and Aggressive mode.

Will WD Periodic scanning conflict? or is it safe to turn on? Should I do full scans with it?

Thanks!

PS: If you have any other recommendations for an antivirus please tell me! :D thanks again.

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I'm confused; which one are you using at the moment? Avast, WD or Avira?
Choose one, see if it works for you and if it does, stick with it.

Second opinion scanners like HitmanPro or ZAM are always welcome. :)

AnonMan

Level 2
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
WD periodic scanning act more to a 2nd opinion scanner.
is it safe to turn on?
Based on my experience. Yeah, it's pretty safe to turn on the periodic scanning.
Should I use periodic scanning with Avast on max hardened settings? Will they conflict? Avast is on high heuristic and Aggressive mode.
You may try using it and see how it behave on your PC as its may work great on my PC doesn't mean you will too, if somehow you doesn't like how it behave or something happen you can easily turn it off.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Hi,

Will WD Periodic scanning conflict? or is it safe to turn on? Should I do full scans with it?

Thanks!

PS: If you have any other recommendations for an antivirus please tell me! :D thanks again.
Of course, it's safe. The WD real time protection is turned off when you installed another security solution. So, enabling the periodic scanning won't do any harm ;)

V

viel

Thread author
It's safe but it's also a waste since WD can't detect crap. It's better to do a weekly scan with Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Zemana or HitmanPro.
I have WD periodic scanning + Avast + Hitman Pro + Malwarebytes, I think I'll be safe ;)

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
It's safe and they will not conflict. But there's definitely no reason why you should do periodic scans. If you have Avast set on hardened mode and you don't ignore its alerts, scans are pretty much useless.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
It's safe and they will not conflict. But there's definitely no reason why you should do periodic scans. If you have Avast set on hardened mode and you don't ignore its alerts, scans are pretty much useless.
Agreed. I don't do periodic scanning. Scan only when I suspect something. Sometime randomly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.