is qihoo 360 safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eight

You can always stay off the internet permanently if your worried about privacy!! Oh, & cancel your cell phone while your at it.:eek::eek:

Off Topic!!!

Topic of the thread : is qihoo 360 safe ?

What part of my which post made your Intelligent Existence assume that I am worried about my online Privacy ?

if your worried about privacy

It should be you are / you're. This will help : http://www.merriam-webster.com/

and change Windows for Linux
Are you saying Android / Ubuntu etc. do not snoop on users ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Is 360 good? I am very much afraid of Chinese Products.
As with any software, experienced testimony like Terry Ganzi's (Chromatinfish 123 made a good point for downloading from the safe site he provided) help me make more educated decisions. I draw a comparison to the cars we drive (or prefer not to). Researching threads like this one, and just trying it out yourself is an experience you should not avoid because of fear.
... and change Windows for Linux. ;)

An excellent tip!:):)
Dual booting is cool too.:cool:

Edit: We must continue to protect ourselves regardless of operating systems & distros. Linux (presently) has a smaller bulls eye painted on itself (now) than Windows, but there's always an exception to any rule.:p

Last edited:

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Technically all security software collects your data. ESET, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Avast... they all have some kind of data collection service. If you want zero data collection, you might as well lock yourself up in a cave and eat vegetables as even animals can track your scent :p :D - because practically everything collects your data.

In other words, Qihoo does collect your data, but so do other companies and your life... Just the usual!
UPDATE: Qihoo is also not a virus of any kind/PUP/PUA. It's a legimate security software and I think it's the greatest of Windows Free Antiviruses!

E

eight

If you want zero data collection

Since you have neither Quoted me nor Tagged me I choose to ignore that.

If you are referring to me I will say it is just your assumption like the lovely lady did earlier ?

Qihoo does collect your data

Enough said. I rest my case.

Qihoo is also not a virus of any kind/PUP/PUA

No one in this thread has claimed / said nothing that translates to that, why the clarification ?

I think it's the greatest of Windows Free Antiviruses
I see where you are coming from ;)

rdsu

Level 1
Oct 25, 2014
Qihoo only collects information if we join the community, during installation or settings?

Last edited:
Reactions: Parth Dhanani
E

eight

I think you are confused :confused: Quero is a toolbar made in Germany. Qihoo is something from China.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Sure,qihoo is safe to use like any other populare av out there. every av collects data the best in this area are Eset/Emsisoft,specialy emsisoft collect almost nothing from u. u can safly use qihoo :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
If you want zero data collection, you might as well lock yourself up in a cave and eat vegetables as even animals can track your scent :p :D - because practically everything collects your data.

*I'm still laughing*
Chromatinfish, This was the funniest thing I've read all day!!:D
And take a trip in the ol' time machine to before you were born. Now that's privacy there...
;)

I'm not so sure, as it's a safe bet my grandparents would probably opt out of the time machine shore excursion.:rolleyes:
..but this was still a very funny image!:p

*Serious now*
OK, back on topic.
If there was a poll, my vote would be "Yes, Qihoo is safe.".
I think you are confused :confused: Quero is a toolbar made in Germany. Qihoo is something from China.
..good to know. It's an easy mistake to make!;)
(I just removed ('u') from Qihoo,o_O to spell it correctly!:D)

Edit:
Qihoo only collects information if we join the community, during installation or settings?
It stands to reason that, imho, agreeing to use any AV especially one which uses cloud technology, there may be both anonymous and identifiable information collected. As already mentioned, reading the end users license agreement might explain more (granted it'll probably be quite dull):)

Last edited:

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Are you saying Android / Ubuntu etc. do not snoop on users ?

After Snowden revelation it's difficult to believe in Windows safety. As for Linux etc. safety - good question though.

.....and change your name to Solarlynux.;)

Good finding, thanks that not Solarxubuntu (sounds gloomy)! BTW you can change yours to Behold Lineck! :p

E

eight

I typed in a smartphone...

You very distinctly typed Quero instead of Qihoo. It was not a typing error.

Admit it do not mask it by blaming your smartphone for your lack of ability to comprehend.

Sure,qihoo is safe to use like any other populare av out there. every av collects data

Contradiction. As always you missed the bus. Read the first post again & again & again.

The question of the thread : is qihoo 360 safe

In the very first post it is asked whether or not Qihoo spies on you. Privacy is the parameter of safety, get it ?

So if Qihoo snoops on users as you have accepted & admitted Qihoo is unsafe.

agreeing to use any AV especially one which uses cloud technology, there may be both anonymous and identifiable information collected

Can you please explain why you differentiate between cloud anti-virus & non-cloud anti-virus ?

You have implied that cloud anti-virus snoops more on users than non-cloud anti-virus.

Please make factual sense. I am not looking for a newspaper article you found on a search engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Is 360 good? I am very much afraid of Chinese Products.

Qihoo 360 is a really good product used by many users, don't worry not all Chinese products will do those tactics otherwise it will affect for their reputation and company itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.