Not open for further replies.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I have heard from a lot of places that qihoo is unsafe and that they spy on you and steal your data if anyone knows I would really like to know thanks

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
qihoo is unsafe and that they spy on you and steal your data

i don't think so. It is just a claim.

Even if qihoo products has spyware. Its software's are out in open for years. Then why other anti-spyware companies never detected any spyware in qihoo. Wouldn't this be very big failure by other antivirus/anti-spyware vendors. You can also say that other antivirus and anti-spyware software does not work because they never detected any spyware in qihoo products.

Last edited:
S

Sr. Normal

I 'm paranoid security and took more than a year with Qihoo ... and do not change.

You can enhance it with Comodo Firewall or Online Armor Free ( I used this one) , but ultimately to download torrents and browse in internet I keep Qihoo and the Windows firewall .

I recommend you visit the "Virus Exchange " section and see many antivirus detection and like Qihoo is always among the best .

a greeting

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If we are pertaining to actual software itself then its not a malicious, data transmission depends on how AV's like Qihoo perform those actions to collect statistics and information. Privacy policy will be the basis on its declared terms and conditions.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
A lot of Free/Paid software will collect data, just review their Privacy Policy / EULA before using it.
http://www.360safe.com/privacy.html

For example, Bitdefender products have anonymous data collection on by default, and you're required to opt-out, but it doesn't mean it's unsafe to use. Participating in avast's Community IQ, Kaspersky KSN and other cloud-services for security products all lower your privacy in return for a slight increase in cloud-protection - You'll need to check what gets sent, the file hash or actual file.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
in china we trust! :rolleyes: o_O

qihoo is by far the best free av right now.

*laughing*:p
The positive feedback for Qihoo here (thanks to my MT friends) eases my sense of security. Viewed as either sensible or foolhardy, I trust in your opinions before China or any nation.:) Power to the people (on MT),;) Er... and E Pluribus Unum too!!:D

Last edited:
E

eight

But of course! If you incorporate Avira & Bitdefender engines you will get a damn good Anti-Virus.

Would you bet your bottom dollar on the topic of the thread : is qihoo 360 safe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.