Is Qihoo safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

incipient

Thread author
Feb 18, 2014
Im not trying to be racist or anything but i have bad experience with chinese organizations and the fact that most of them scam or steal info from you, and since Qihoo uses it's own cloud engine as well im not sure if it's safe to use? has anyone thoroughly analyzed their application? their security solution definitely sounds too good

Reactions: Malware1

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Once i contacted with one of qihoo 360 team member & he said it's false propaganda that qihoo leaks peoples information. So it's safe to use & what kind of bad experience u faced?

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Once i contacted with one of qihoo 360 team member & he said it's false propaganda that qihoo leaks peoples information. So it's safe to use & what kind of bad experience u faced?
"Once i contacted with one of qihoo 360 team member" Why a Qihoo guy ? :)

"he said it's false propaganda that qihoo leaks peoples information" Did you expect another reply from Qihoo guy ? :)

Reactions: Malware1 and NSG001

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Hahahahaha..... This is the most hilarious comment I've ever read on this forum. Seriously, what were you expecting the Qihoo guy to say ???
Yes brother we do leak peoples information. Don't tell anyone, its our secret.
Let me clear this out that I personally have no idea about what they do/don't.
But somehow I feel they don't do that.
I know there are exceptions, but not everything from China is bad.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
"Once i contacted with one of qihoo 360 team member" Why a Qihoo guy ? :)

"he said it's false propaganda that qihoo leaks peoples information" Did you expect another reply from Qihoo guy ? :)

Coz they work for their AV so i direct contact them to ask truth about it & also google search about it before using this AV. U talking about chinese organisation steals information & scam then how u fully believe that other countries AV will not steal ur information? all are same for me, Since Qihoo 360 rising in china, their competitor tried to create rumours about it that qihoo 360 steal people private information, noone have solid proof about it so why people still using qihoo 360 even those who afraid to use chinese AV now using their AV & satisfied with it. Best thing is u don't need to pay any penny for it as it gives same level protection as other top branded AV. why don't i say all USA made AV are working behind NSA?? they can sell their information to NSA. Right now i'm very satisfied with their AV.

He said it's not truth & before posting any thread, go search google about it, it's a old thread , i heard. Post some new about it which concerns me to think about this AV :)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Hahahahaha..... This is the most hilarious comment I've ever read on this forum. Seriously, what were you expecting the Qihoo guy to say ???
Coz u r more hilarious to me . didn't said u to read my comment. If any other AV for example if a american AV guy says that their AV don't steal information but rumours about it that their AV leaks people information, then who i ask first? does who don't have solid proof about it & will say yeah their AV is bad? I first google search about it, second i'll read their privacy policy & third i'll contact one of their AV member to ask truth about it. If u don't have commonsense , i can't help u brah :)

Mod Edit: No foul language

Last edited by a moderator:

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
According to me most of major antivirus company has been infiltrated or has been forced to work according to elite community. So chinese antivirus may be taking orders from their government. Similarly other country antivirus vendors may also be working under the instruction of other enforcing institutions.

This means that if enforcing institution asks antivirus company to collect some data and submit to them, then these antivirus company have no choice. This may mean that these company may not be detecting malware made by enforcing institution.

Last edited:

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Coz they work for their AV so i direct contact them to ask truth about it & also google search about it before using this AV. U talking about chinese organisation steals information & scam then how u fully believe that other countries AV will not steal ur information? all are same for me, Since Qihoo 360 rising in china, their competitor tried to create rumours about it that qihoo 360 steal people private information, noone have solid proof about it so why people still using qihoo 360 even those who afraid to use chinese AV now using their AV & satisfied with it. Best thing is u don't need to pay any penny for it as it gives same level protection as other top branded AV. why don't i say all USA made AV are working behind NSA?? they can sell their information to NSA. Right now i'm very satisfied with their AV.

He said it's not truth & before posting any thread, go search google about it, it's a old thread , i heard. Post some new about it which concerns me to think about this AV :)
FYI, I'm not the OP.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
FYI, I'm not the OP.
smiley-signs018.gif

Reactions: Venustus

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Thats why i will be using 360 IS (china) with realtime malwarebytes(USA).
While east and west is in covert conflict, using both east and west security company is my strategy to tackle it.

Either one will not let other one leave any flaw.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
Thats why i will be using 360 IS (china) with realtime malwarebytes(USA).
While east and west is in covert conflict, using both east and west security company is my strategy to tackle it.

Either one will not let other one leave any flaw.

lol youre the first person i see shares the same view as me in this matter.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I understand Avast is a paid product, but how does 360 Internet Security compare to Avast Internet Security, in respects to CPU and RAM usage, Functionality of provided features and Customisation of options? :)

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I understand Avast is a paid product, but how does 360 Internet Security compare to Avast Internet Security, in respects to CPU and RAM usage, Functionality of provided features and Customisation of options? :)

It is in fact very light on my machine!
I found it lighter than Avast!
Probaby not as many "customisations" as Avast but it is a very effective product.
It does not have a firewall,at least not yet!
Give it a trial run and see how you go.:)

A great deal of the "propaganda" against Qihoo,hs been propagated by Baidu,it's main competitor;)

G

Guest28

I trust 360. And have been using it for some time now. I'm kinda sick of users saying you can't trust any Chinese products. Do you really think using a USA based product will be any better because the NSA is watching you. If I am being watched by china I don't care they can't do anything to me. I don't shop online so I rather Chinese then USA. Either way your screwed either way.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I trust 360. And have been using it for some time now. I'm kinda sick of users saying you can't trust any Chinese products. Do you really think using a USA based product will be any better because the NSA is watching you. If I am being watched by china I don't care they can't do anything to me. I don't shop online so I rather Chinese then USA. Either way your screwed either way.
Lol!:p ..and it feels precisely like being avast-ly screwed in 360 degrees!:D

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
I am using 360 IS on my another compter, I think they are good, it's light on my machine and almost give the same level security compared to top branded AV, and more than that it's free and provide real time protection, so I think it's pretty good.

About leaking information, I am not sure, perhaps they do,perhaps they don't. But since noone has solid proof about it so there is no need to fear, besides I don't shop online often and perhaps other top AV's leaking their user's information too, which make me think it's all the same to me. One thing though, not everything from china is bad.

Agree with Koroke-san and Venustus, that's why I'm using european AV Tiranium ;)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
wut? I already know about there privacy policy & satisfied with it and Kindly read sir -
Company Profile and Founding Information | About ESET

In sort - "
The first version of antivirus NOD is created; the authors are Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka " which means they are not Americans. " Today, ESET has 800 employees worldwide and is headquartered in Bratislava (Slovakia)" << it says it's main headquarter in Slovakia & also have other regional distribute centers .For ex. US, Argentina etc. Also u can look at
Whois Lookup
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.